First pine seeds

PABonsai

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
This will serve as a record for my first attempted pines from seed. They arrived from Treeseedonline.com a couple weeks ago and tonight they're taking their bath. They're getting all washed up and ready for their trip to the beach.IMG_7054.JPGIMG_7055.JPG

Fonz

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
Very good source, get ready for a 90+% germination rate :)

PABonsai

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
Really? That's good to hear. Thanks for the info. This source seems pretty cheap too. I'm not one of those that wants to spend $40 to get 20,000 seeds lol.

BuckeyeOne

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Hope he has better luck than me. :confused:
I did 100 JBP 'Mikawa' JBP from MySeeds.co. After a 48 hr soak and 21 day cold stratification, I only have maybe a dozen that have spouted.

cmeg1

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
Looks good source,goid luck. @markyscott did not have good luch with myseeds.com? As they sent red pine instead.
Fwschumacher seeds jbp sprouted without pretreatment in just a week nearly 100%z
They are out of stock now,but have an ‘email me’ button when back in stock!

markyscott

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9A
Looks good source,goid luck. @markyscott did not have good luch with myseeds.com? As they sent red pine instead.
Fwschumacher seeds jbp sprouted without pretreatment in just a week nearly 100%z
They are out of stock now,but have an ‘email me’ button when back in stock!
Mine all came from “myseedsco.com”. I don’t know what they’re relationship is with this company if there is any.

scott

PABonsai

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
This treeseedonline is out of the U.K. @leatherback vouched for them so I figured what the hell, it's only a couple dollars. I got 1 gram each of those three for like $14 shipped. They were very reasonably priced for such small quantities. Heck they only charged me like $5 to ship from the U.K.

PABonsai

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
It’s been a crazy month. Here is an update. After 4 weeks in the fridge I put the Japanese black pine and the scots pine in their propagators with pine bark and perlite 1:1. They’re sitting on a heating mat in a s-w facing room for now. The Norway spruce is still in the fridge (ran out of propagators for now). As of today, I have noticed sprouts in both propagators. I’m not sure about how/when to add nutrientsI have the trees outside with some granular organic, but I’m thinking in a week or two adding a light miracle grow solution or something similar works best here since they won’t get regular watering just yet.
5DD30F1F-EFBC-4CC6-8493-C21E3F5D87FA.jpeg89435401-137A-4EDE-97A9-3AEB22EF0C9E.jpeg