First post. First Bonsai

PaddyRM

Seed
Reaction score
Hello All

I just wanted to say hello and show you my first and only (for now) bonsai.

It is a Fukien and my goal over the last 10 months has been to keep it alive! The tree seems healthy and happy to me but I'm no expert so any advice is welcome.

I'm undecided what to do next. I really like the look of the shallow round pots but I'm not sure if putting the tree in a larger pot for a year to grow a bit would be a better option. My understanding is these trees prefer to be reported slightly later than most other trees so would look to do this late next April I think.20191031_160622.jpg20191031_160611.jpg20191031_160559.jpg20191031_160546.jpg20191031_160534.jpg

Anthony

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
You need to put into your avatar where you are and zone.

Looks healthy.
[1] when you do a prune, why not learn how to root them.

'[2] Design in mind?

[3] Trunk thickens in the ground.
Please keep showing.
Welcome to Bnut !!
Good Day
Anthony

JudyB

Queen of the Nuts
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
good for you keeping a Fukien tea happy, they can be irritable plants! It is even blooming so you've done well. I don't know a lot about these, except for how to kill one, lol... A larger pot would suit this I think the current one is a bit small. Don't be surprised if it throws a fit and looses all it's leaves when you do it, but as long as you don't overwater when it does that it will come back they are at least tough in that respect.
Welcome, and please put your location in your profile, so we know where you are to give you good advice for your climate.

Warpig

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Welcome to the nut house! Not a bad little tree and seems to be doing well. Best advise I can give you at this point is to read as much as you can. Learn why things are done instead of just knowing how/when to do them.

Theres plenty of good resources here on the site that you can read up on now to save yourself some headaches later.

Carol 83

Flower Girl
Reaction score
It looks very happy and healthy, good for you! As @JudyB said, they can be finicky. If you've had this one for ten months and it's still your only tree, you have more self-restraint than I do! Get a couple more, and welcome.

Top Bottom