First RMJ Repot

fore

Omono
Reaction score
photo 1-1.JPG photo 3-1.JPG photo 4.JPG Here's a new tree fresh from the first repot out of pumice this weekend. Wanted a nicer pot but this is what fit best and Ryan had on hand.

Last edited:

JudyB

Queen of the Nuts
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Actually I like the pot. The size is certainly nice for the tree. What's the plan next for this tree? Do you reduce this season?

Dav4

Drop Branch Murphy
Reaction score
SE MI- Bonsai'd for 12 years both MA and N GA
USDA Zone
6a
Oh man...I love the trunk and that dropping branch with the deadwood is fantastic! Any chance you have a picture of this one with a solid background? It looks like great material.

fore

Omono
Reaction score
Thanks Judy, I like it too, great size, but I just wish it had a bit more character. No more plans this yr other than perhaps dw work this summer. Style next yr. But boy, repotting yamadori while retaining all the roots into a small pot is well...challenging to say the least.

Dave, unfort. no other pics other than this one which is a bit corney. We finished it up late sunday and really no time to take out trees down to the studio to photograph. And totally agree, that dropping branch, called the sacha eda is one of it's best features to me. I wanted really several 'features', splayed and twisted dw. I could only afford one lol But the sacha eda screamed "buy me"

Attachments

• tree.jpg
    tree.jpg
    298.9 KB · Views: 37

fore

Omono
Reaction score
btw guys, first time back with the new forum...nicely done!

JudyB

Queen of the Nuts
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Not corny at all. Shows off the tree nicely with size perspective. Just think of yourself as a big beer can...:D

Dav4

Drop Branch Murphy
Reaction score
SE MI- Bonsai'd for 12 years both MA and N GA
USDA Zone
6a
Thanks Judy, I like it too, great size, but I just wish it had a bit more character. No more plans this yr other than perhaps dw work this summer. Style next yr. But boy, repotting yamadori while retaining all the roots into a small pot is well...challenging to say the least.

Dave, unfort. no other pics other than this one which is a bit corney. We finished it up late sunday and really no time to take out trees down to the studio to photograph. And totally agree, that dropping branch, called the sacha eda is one of it's best features to me. I wanted really several 'features', splayed and twisted dw. I could only afford one lol But the sacha eda screamed "buy me"
Great picture with the Guru and outstanding juniper....truly a gem, even in its unstyled form.

Brian Van Fleet

Pretty Fly for a Bonsai Guy
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8A
Cool, welcome back Chris, glad the training is going well.

fore

Omono
Reaction score
Hi Brian. And Thanks. I'm glad to be back, with spring in my step ;) I am really enjoying my classes, even more so this yr. with incr. responsibilities, using an expanded knowledge base, and higher expected 'quality work' from Ryan this yr. It's great and keeping me on my toes while still having a lot of fun. I'm in a great group of people to match. Oregon's early spring like weather has Ryan hopping in repotting lol

How have you been? Tree's doing well? I guess I'm thinking you guys might be having a later spring due to the cold this yr? Pretty incr. yr of weather. I need a bigger hoop house to move around easier and make winter more 'bonsai tolerable' conditions. Two winters of too cold!

Top Bottom