First time with Juniper Parsonii

AnutterBonsai

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9A
Bought some rooted Parsoni juniper cuttings! Does anyone have experience dealing with them and developing pads/ ramification? I’ve heard they’re really hardy so that’s a plus for my zone. Excited to develop both of them and try different styles. thinking of uppotting them soon, maybe… because it’s really rootbound in that tiny pot. If not I would wait for fall.

2DF0FFD1-FAC4-4F75-948E-62B38EFDFC67.jpeg

Ruddigger

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
10a
I bought one because I liked the foliage, but the problem is the foliage is kind of big for the shohin tree I had planned. I might ground grow it for a while and see if I can get something more susbstantial to work with.

Shogun610

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6B
You’re going to have to grow it , as it’s pretty useless as a bonsai atm in my honest opinion

AnutterBonsai

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9A
You’re going to have to grow it , as it’s pretty useless as a bonsai atm in my honest opinion
Yes, I’m planning to up pot it and get it thicker for years. A fun side project (among the many others lol). Just asking for people with experience with this type of juniper.

AnutterBonsai

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9A
I bought one because I liked the foliage, but the problem is the foliage is kind of big for the shohin tree I had planned. I might ground grow it for a while and see if I can get something more susbstantial to work with.
Agreed. Saw the foliage and it looks tougher to build pads early on.. so far the examples I’ve seen are much bigger than shohin, but doable. Saw also Jason Schley’s video on YouTube on this type but it was a much larger tree, great pads tho.

Top Bottom