fish emulsion

Dave E

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
fish emulsion-does it have a shelf life once opened.

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I wondered that myself.

So I added some more!

Sorce

DougB

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8A
On Neptune's Harvest Organic Fertilizer website under the FAQ's they have this statement regarding "shelf life"."Our liquid fertilizers have an indefinite shelf-life, until water is added. Always shake well before use. The longer the product is stored, the better you’ll have to shake it up."

Arcto

Chumono
Reaction score
I had some Alaskan fish oil in a gallon size. Took a long time to use it all. After a couple of years, I realized that it had dissolved the stock plastic bottle it was in enough to leak a messy puddle under the sink where I stored it.

Dave E

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
I had some Alaskan fish oil in a gallon size. Took a long time to use it all. After a couple of years, I realized that it had dissolved the stock plastic bottle it was in enough to leak a messy puddle under the sink where I stored it.
thanks for the heads up on this-thats the one i'm using and it's prety much gone,1 maybe 2 more uses at most.$8 quart$13.50 gallon.
the gallon would probably last me 2-3 years.
anyone else experience this

Brian Van Fleet

Pretty Fly for a Bonsai Guy
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8A
thanks for the heads up on this-thats the one i'm using and it's prety much gone,1 maybe 2 more uses at most.$8 quart$13.50 gallon.
the gallon would probably last me 2-3 years.
anyone else experience this
I go through about 2 gallons a year. If I have a bit left in spring, I use it first.

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Smells like a good bass thumb.

I love it!

Sorce

GGB

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
I know fermented fish oil (used in asian cuisine) never goes bad. I think because it already went bad, then stabilized. Not a chemist but I don't think that stuff could possibly "turn" in a way that would destroy the minerals and nurtrients already there

Stickroot

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Keeping it in a cool place helps a lot!
I left a bottle of Alaska in the tractor cab in the nursery for a couple weeks and it totaled the tractor!

Top Bottom