Fishing trips 2018

jason biggs

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
11a
We don't all have access to the lean,mean street fighters of the au sable ...:rolleyes:
You have to make the most of what is available to you.
Wishing more than ever just to have a tarpon touch my fly.... :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Paul F.

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
11b
We don't all have access to the lean,mean street fighters of the au sable ...:rolleyes:
You have to make the most of what is available to you.
Wishing more than ever just to have a tarpon touch my fly.... :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Small tarpon are a a piece of cake, even big tarpon in the right situation are vicious and fairly easy to catch. You'll have to come down and take a stab at em.

jason biggs

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
11a
my youngster caught this bus last night - over 4kg BOOM!!

jason biggs

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
11a
What on earth is that 2nd fish ??
looks like a grass carp cross alien??

Music4cash

Yamadori
Reaction score
USDA Zone
The one on the left is a common carp the right is a grass carp. They put them in drainage ponds around here to keep the weeds down and they are a blast to catch. Plus you're fishing in little drainage ponds so it blows people's minds when you pull out a 35lb fish. Right before I caught that one a guy came over me to let me know that there was nothing worth catching in there...Lucky for me too cause I got him to take the picture. That is the biggest grass carp I ever caught. Great fight too they like to jump so it's exciting to have one on your line, and they're all tail so they pull hard.

Music4cash

Yamadori
Reaction score
USDA Zone
They are vegetarians. You can get them with bread, cherry tomatoes are good, corn works. I caught the one in the picture with a piece of plastic corn on a hair rig. I use a method lead which is a sinker with plastic ridges on it. I make chum from bread crumbs and corn and pack it onto the method lead. So the plastic corn sits on the bottom in the middle of a little pile of chum. The hooks need to be small #8 but super strong so I order specialized carp hooks from England.

Attachments

• 20170831_190704.jpg
    20170831_190704.jpg
    83.6 KB · Views: 10
Top Bottom