Floating bonsai

M. Frary

Bonsai Godzilla
Reaction score
USDA Zone
These would go great with chrome mannequin hands and broken glass.

Reactions: Vin

bonsaiBlake

Chumono
Reaction score
Bering sea, AK Orginally from Vancover, wa
I've been seeing this on FB and some friends and relatives asked me if I had one yet. Glad someone posted it on here.

Such a cool idea. Trees are rooted and bound to the earth for their life force, its an interesting concept to unbind them and set them free in a sense.

Not to mention optimal light with a spinning tree.

BK Bonsai

Yamadori
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
I think its cool and functional. Probably wouldn't need a fan for air circulation lol. Way over priced for what it is though.

just.wing.it

Deadwood Head
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6B
That floating bonsai video is cool, but kinda creepy with all those trees spinning in the same room. I dunno what people would think if they showed up and saw a dozen plants levitating and spinning around. :D Makes me laugh thinking about it though!

GrimLore

Bonsai Nut alumnus... we miss you
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
Is it just me? If my plants were spinning around I would be shopping for an item to stop it :p

Grimmy

Cadillactaste

Neagari Gal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
Or dizzy :p Honest though I just see the whole thing as drying out your plant and substrate way to fast.

Grimmy
Yes,I got a bit dizzy. But unless you activate the spinning it only floats. Or I imagine so. They make other levitating science gadgets. That float...I think spinning is only if set on that course.

Honestly I think it would steal the show with a tree. Maybe as an accent planting. Non-spinning of course.

Leo in N E Illinois

The Professor
Reaction score
on the IL-WI border, a mile from ''da Lake''
USDA Zone
5b
I forget who it was, maybe Suthin, that put together a nice forest of trees on 3 or so matched for texture pieces of lace rock. Set them on clear acrylic stands of different heights and titled it after the floating mountains of the movie "Avatar", maybe they were the Hallelujah mountains?

Anyway, this is one way to have a levitated mountain type scene.

You know you can grow them conventionally, and just "levitate" them for display.

A neat idea, though it is unlikely I will shell out the bucks. But if I had a spare couple hundred laying around (never happens though) I would consider picking a set up as a "toy" for a fun display. Imaging little multicolored Satsuki azaleas in bloom spinning around. Spark up a blunt and sit back and space out. :rolleyes:

Top Bottom