Florida bonsai nurseries

Cable

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
I’m in Tampa Bay for a conference. Today I’m driving two hours to Ft. Meyers to visit Wigerts. Anything else in the area that I need to check out? Nothing prominent popped up on Google Maps while I was checking except a few small places.

I really wanted to visit some place that had tropical liners (like ficus, BRT, funkier tea, etc) I could grow on and resell but not much popped up for that either.

vp999

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7A
There's a few bonsai places in Ft. Lauderdale, but near Wiggert I think they're the only one, I was there a few months ago in the Cape Coral area and ended up only going to Wiggert. If you're willing to drive a couple hours there's this whole sale bonsai nursery http://www.hfimports.com. with really great prices and selections. It's a whole seller but you can buy as many as you wished and no special license needed.

Cable

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
That's actually a better name for it :)

best typo ever. Lol

There's a few bonsai places in Ft. Lauderdale, but near Wiggert I think they're the only one, I was there a few months ago in the Cape Coral area and ended up only going to Wiggert. If you're willing to drive a couple hours there's this whole sale bonsai nursery http://www.hfimports.com. with really great prices and selections. It's a whole seller but you can buy as many as you wished and no special license needed.

iI thought about it but that’s just too far for me. I’m already exhausted from this trip.

whatiship

Seed
Reaction score
Dragon Tree Bonsai Nursery has some impressive larger material as well!

Fort Maple

Seedling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I’m in Tampa Bay for a conference. Today I’m driving two hours to Ft. Meyers to visit Wigerts. Anything else in the area that I need to check out? Nothing prominent popped up on Google Maps while I was checking except a few small places.

I really wanted to visit some place that had tropical liners (like ficus, BRT, funkier tea, etc) I could grow on and resell but not much popped up for that either.
Wigerts is an amazing place 👌👍 Im heading there myself in 1 week. Cant wait to get away from iowa cold to check out some Florida tropicals

Cable

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
I ended up spending almost four hours at Wigerts, minus a lunch break! Ended up buying five small trees to learn more about working on tropicals. Got the funkiest tea I could find, a buttonwood, a dwarf black olive, a sweet acacia, and rounded it out with a tiger bark ficus.

B6971289-E25C-4175-8DBA-44933F9729EE.jpeg

Carol 83

Flower Girl
Reaction score
I ended up spending almost four hours at Wigerts, minus a lunch break! Ended up buying five small trees to learn more about working on tropicals. Got the funkiest tea I could find, a buttonwood, a dwarf black olive, a sweet acacia, and rounded it out with a tiger bark ficus.

View attachment 416881
You have a lot more restraint than I would have had if I went there.

Reaction score
USDA Zone
9a
Wigerts and D and L. Different style places but both impressive. From Tampa D and L is a bit of a haul but they are 2 and 1/2 from me and I make the trek on a Saturday once in a while.

Katie0317

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9B

View attachment 416881
If you're in Tampa you're literally just a stones throw away from Artisans Bonsai nursery. There's a good youtube video showcasing the owner and his yamidori bonsai is something to be seen. He has a massive bonsai with a fountain in it. I found two trees there that I've not seen at any other nurseries. It's just just minutes from Tampa.

stevek

Sapling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7A

Just went to D&L Bonsai Nursery in Ocklawaha, FL. Great place, great people. Dave was inspirational to me and my family, a 30 year vet and them newbies. Do yourself a favor and go.

Top Bottom