Florida soil component sources

Lou T

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9a
I was wondering if there were any Florida-based bonsai practitioners active here who could give me a few leads to some cheap and practical local sources for bonsai soil components.

Specifically I am in NE Florida. Thanks in advance.

choppychoppy

Chumono
Reaction score
I was wondering if there were any Florida-based bonsai practitioners active here who could give me a few leads to some cheap and practical local sources for bonsai soil components.

Specifically I am in NE Florida. Thanks in advance.

I source all of my materials from American Bonsai - they are in Merritt Island, I buy a large amount for my entire club and the huge amount I use also haha. They will mix your own blend choice ( I have a base mix our club uses ) or you can use one of their mixes. They have several good choices. They ship or you can pick up. Where are you specifically NE Florida to me means jax, st. Aug., etc. I am outside of g'ville.

Lou T

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9a
I source all of my materials from American Bonsai - they are in Merritt Island, I buy a large amount for my entire club and the huge amount I use also haha. They will mix your own blend choice ( I have a base mix our club uses ) or you can use one of their mixes. They have several good choices. They ship or you can pick up. Where are you specifically NE Florida to me means jax, st. Aug., etc. I am outside of g'ville.
Cool, thank you. I’m in St. Aug. Been getting by with hardware store lava rock, 8822, coarse sand, orchard bark etc. I’m hoping to try some more professional mixes as a progress if I can find them at a reasonable price. Though honestly whatever works, works and I’m inclined to think whatever is abundant in the area and cheap will work. Definitely going to check out those folks in Merritt.thanks again.

Top Bottom