Flowering Dogwood damaged in ice storm

Aaron S.

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Hey folks.
Last week I got hammered by the ice storm that hit Oklahoma. I'm sure that I lost most of my trees or they got torn up. My trees and benches are buried under 5 40 foot tall pecan trees. I lost power 9 days ago and it will be a few more weeks before I get power back on .
My mother in law has a flowering dogwood about 25 years old. It lost a couple of branches and a couple of branches split. To me it is worth saving but she doesn't want to try. It has lost its leaves for the year. Is it too late in the year to get cuttings off it, or worse case dig it up and pot it? I can post some pictures when I get some. I'm looking at my options.

TN_Jim

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
that’s just plain terrible. sounds hopeful albeit potentially bleak regarding damage to your trees...photos would help, dormant dogwood from description should snap back with some care

TN_Jim

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
aah, that dogwood is a good tree. some would call that type of cut simply branch selection, should be fine. would feed it & don’t let them cuts get nasty....elmers glue, to each..

j evans

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6B
Nothing lost by trying to save it. Sorry and good luck with everything.

Top Bottom