Reaction score
USDA Zone
See posts above!

Poink88

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
They are all very nice but those are 2011 pics! :p I want to see new ones...IF possible. LOL

Thanks!

mcpesq817

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
The flowers are the same from year to year :confused:

coh

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Nice photos! They are all beautiful flowers but I still prefer the singles versus the doubles.

I've had aphids on my quinces (both flowering and Chinese) every spring. The first year they did a fair amount of damage to the new growth before I realized what was going on. Since then I've paid more attention and dislodged them manually (by hand or with water spray). I also move all the ladybugs I can find onto the quinces, as they will devour the aphids. We tend to have a lot of ladybugs around here for some reason, and often the young (larval stage) can be found on benches, potted plants, etc (they blow out of the trees). So I just move them where they are needed.

Chris

mcpesq817

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Iwai Nishiki

Here's a picture of my Iwai Nishiki. It's a nice cultivar with double red flowers and dark grey bark. We've had a bit of rain so the flowers aren't perfect, but hopefully this gives people an idea of what to expect.

This cultivar doesn't like full sun - the leaves crisp up real fast in the summer if they are in full sun. Otherwise, it seems to be a fairly strong grower.

Iwai Nishiki.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom