Flowers, 2016

Mellow Mullet

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8-9
Was out watering today and took some pictures of some of the flowers on the bench, just wanted to share.

First up are some cuttings that I got form my dad from one of his satsukis, I don't know the name. They are two year old cuttings and this is the first year that they have bloomed. I have been making each one as to the flower color it produces.

DSC00814-1.jpg

DSC00815-1.jpg

DSC00818-1.jpg

DSC00821-1.jpg

DSC00825-1.jpg

Here is the parent plant:1749Azalea.jpg

Last edited:

Mellow Mullet

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8-9
Switch gears for Serissa, they really like this time if year and bloom like crazy.

First we have "flora planeo" (probably didn't get the spelling right), the double one. I think they look like tiny chrysanthemums (probably butchered that one, too.

DSC00863-1.jpg

DSC00864-1.jpg

Next we have the purple one, can't remember the latin. It has a variegated leaf and I find that it has the largest of flowers for serissa, at least the ones that I have.

DSC00859-1.jpg

DSC00846-1.jpg

And a cool six petal flower, most of them are five.

DSC00868-1.jpg

Mellow Mullet

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8-9
One more:

DSC01040-4.jpg

Here is the astronaut again, pretty flowers, but at least five inches across. I haven't decided yet, but this one may become a landscape plant.

DSC01019-4.jpg

Wakaebisu:

DSC01020-4.jpg

Coral Bells:

DSC01026-4.jpg

Chujohu, again. The flowers are fading now to green, they will eventually turn all green and stay on the tree on into the summer:

DSC01027-4.jpg

Gumpo White, thanks ovulina, they are turning to mush:

DSC01028-4.jpg

GrimLore

Bonsai Nut alumnus... we miss you
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
Wonderful continuous amount of flowers! Such variety is almost overwhelming! Thank you ;)

Grimmy

armetisius

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Lovely; just lovely.
Funny I always thought the double flowered
strain resembled the gardenias of my childhood.

Alain

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
Wonderful ! :cool:

You are the flowering master! :)

Btw just a quick question: why do we cut the buds of the azalea once the flower is gone exactly?
I don't have any azalea bonsai right now but I planted 9 as landscape plants in our yard, they are all blooming and I was wondering if I had to do the same as for bonsai's one.

Top Bottom