Flowers 2017

Carol 83

Flower Girl
Reaction score
Some random flowers, some are landscape, some potential bonsai.

Unknown landscape azalea
View attachment 131945

Sweet Olive, heavenly smell
View attachment 131946

Camellia. It has many different flowers on it, this is the first to open

View attachment 131947

Unknown azalea. Many different flowers on it, I don't think it is a satsuki. Here are three variations

View attachment 131948

View attachment 131950
I am seriously jealous!! I can't even keep azaleas alive in my landscaping here:(

Carol 83

Flower Girl
Reaction score
Grimmy, I did and I have any new messages. I started a new conversation with you, let me know if you see it.
His message was for me. Gave me some awesome advice, as usual. Believe me, I've been trying to talk my husband into moving to a better climate. Like Belize! Just have to win the lottery. Please keep posting your flower photos, they are really beautiful.

Carol 83

Flower Girl
Reaction score
Not very spectacular in comparison to the azaleas but here's my desert rose.View attachment 132096
Every time I think it's just taking up space in the greenhouse, it does that:rolleyes:

Aaron
I'm going to send you mine. I've had it for years, and it has NEVER bloomed! It's very healthy, lots of leaves, gets plenty of sun in a south window, but no flowers:(.

aml1014

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
I'm going to send you mine. I've had it for years, and it has NEVER bloomed! It's very healthy, lots of leaves, gets plenty of sun in a south window, but no flowers:(.
I ignore the crap out of mine. What I do is never water but maybe once every month or two, then it drops all of its leaves at which point I water it. Within a few weeks it has blooms all over! Maybe ignore yours more.

Aaron

Carol 83

Flower Girl
Reaction score
I ignore the crap out of mine. What I do is never water but maybe once every month or two, then it drops all of its leaves at which point I water it. Within a few weeks it has blooms all over! Maybe ignore yours more.

Aaron
Neglect, I can do;)

just.wing.it

Deadwood Head
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6B
Unknown azalea. Many different flowers on it, I don't think it is a satsuki. Here are three variations
That's so nice!
Hey, do you know if the different flowers on it are grafted?
Or is that natural for some azaleas, to have variations on the same plant?
As far as I thought, the ones with more than one color are grafted....

TomB

Omono
Reaction score
My neighbours ume as seen from my balcony
I love these, the smell even more than the view. One of mine in the garden is flowering heavily now too. It normally gives me white flowers with a tinge / streak of pink (Omoi no mama cultivar). This year it's given me this on one branch:

P1030714

Mellow Mullet

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8-9
That's so nice!
Hey, do you know if the different flowers on it are grafted?
Or is that natural for some azaleas, to have variations on the same plant?
As far as I thought, the ones with more than one color are grafted....

No, none of them are grafted, I don't think I have ever heard of anyone grafting azaleas. It is natural for some strains of azaleas to have many different variations. Check out the cascade I posted, last year I counted 10 different variations. This is one of the reasons that I love azaleas so much, I just wish that I could afford one of those really old specimens, like the one that Don Blackmon has.

Mellow Mullet

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8-9
What's going on with this dude?

View attachment 132156

I looks like it is waking up. The redish leaves are just its winter coat. The ones that it does not drop will return to green. I think it is neat that you can kind of tell the flower color by the winter leaf color. Red, pink, and purple will have a redish tint; while white and white variations will have a yellow tint.

John

Reactions: Vin
Top Bottom