Contorted Quince, the flowers get pinker as they age

DSC07179-1.jpg

Hino Crimson, a Kurume

DSC07184-1.jpg

Glacier White, an Indica

DSC07186-1.jpg

Unknown, maybe Dogwood or Anna Marie

DSC07188-1.jpg

Purple Serissa, flowers are fading to white since it is heating up, early...

DSC07190-1.jpg

Unknown azalea, grocery store variety, blooms all the time

DSC07195-1.jpg

thumblessprimate1

Masterpiece
Reaction score
Red Charlot* autocorrect messes it up. Btw, typing on phone a lot now with my rough, dirty digits. Expect lots of horrible typos. Forgive me.

JoeR

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
I could look at those all day John, do you have a full garden shot of all them in bloom? That would be cool, seeing them all together.

Carol 83

Flower Girl
Reaction score
They are all beautiful, but the red ones are my favorite. The smaller flowers, look so delicate. And all this in February?? I was pretty excited that I have one bougie blooming inside, but that seems pretty pathetic now. If that was my garden, I would just sit outside all day and enjoy the scenery.

Last edited:

Leo in N E Illinois

The Professor
Reaction score
on the IL-WI border, a mile from ''da Lake''
USDA Zone
5b
@Mellow Mullet
Hi John, wonderful show, love your azaleas. I really like the whole tree photos. Really nice. You can see the years of care in them. Nice natural designs.
@Clicio
That is the best Calliandra I've seen in a fair number of years. The whole tree in bloom at once, uniformly flowered is exceptional. (though over the last 30 years I have only seen a handful). The light & airy feel of the flowers is striking. Thank you for sharing. Stunningly good flowering.

Clicio

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
11a
That is the best Calliandra I've seen in a fair number of years. The whole tree in bloom at once, uniformly flowered is exceptional.
It's amazing; even the caliandras at the public places and parks here blomned at once, between Friday and Saturday. Something about the weather I guess!
Here goes a picture of it hours before full bloom. Stunning isn't it?EB87F882-E4DE-4FA3-B942-BDAA30B15F89.jpeg

Top Bottom