Flowers 2018

drew33998

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8-9
I have a few flowerings popping out all over the yard so I thought I'd join the party. Here are a few:

Camellia:

View attachment 178096

Boxwood (these stink, smell like cat pee):
View attachment 178097

Contorted Quince ( the flowers fade to pink as they age):
View attachment 178098

Unknown Grocery Store Azalea, grown from cutting:
View attachment 178099

View attachment 178100

Serissa "flor planeo":

View attachment 178101
Dude I need an air layer of that azalea. The camellia is awesome too. What is the name of it?

drew33998

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8-9
This was sold to me as coral bells. I don’t think that is accurate though. I like it enough to buy for the landscape. Its blooming pattern resembles a rhododendron more to me though with the pom poms of blooms. Hard to see from the pics. Blooms are only the size of a nickel. If you notice in the first pic on the left there is a trunk that is not a double bloom and a darker shade of pink. I have it marked with garden tape for separating when I plant it out2FD695B1-D2C8-4398-BD22-D80B100218D7.jpegF75A50C4-CEAC-4967-819B-5F93C0DB18BA.jpeg

Mellow Mullet

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8-9
This was sold to me as coral bells. I don’t think that is accurate though. I like it enough to buy for the landscape. Its blooming pattern resembles a rhododendron more to me though with the pom poms of blooms. Hard to see from the pics. Blooms are only the size of a nickel. If you notice in the first pic on the left there is a trunk that is not a double bloom and a darker shade of pink. I have it marked with garden tape for separating when I plant it outView attachment 180808View attachment 180809

I looks like Coral Bells to me, it is a Kurume.

Carol 83

Flower Girl
Reaction score

CamdenJim

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7B
Some noid phals showing off. The yellow is the biggest spray I've ever had. And it's got another shoot! View attachment 180801
The phals are nice, but the beautiful vanda grabbed my eye first! Love the color. I grew many phals without trouble back when I had a place for them, but I never had success with a vanda. It makes me smile to just see one this nice.

Carol 83

Flower Girl
Reaction score
Not much of a show for a bougie , I know. But it's been inside since October, and it's the first time I've seen this one bloom. So, good enough.March bougie.jpg

Attachments

• bougie flowers.jpg
    bougie flowers.jpg
    105 KB · Views: 6
  • March bougie.jpg
    March bougie.jpg
    77.2 KB · Views: 2

drew33998

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8-9
The phals are nice, but the beautiful vanda grabbed my eye first! Love the color. I grew many phals without trouble back when I had a place for them, but I never had success with a vanda. It makes me smile to just see one this nice.
I should have took a pic it because it's Keiki also was in bloom at the same time about 2 weeks ago. This one stays in bloom for a long duration.

Top Bottom