Flowers 2019

Mellow Mullet

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8-9
Not really a traditional flower, but cool all the same. A year ago, I bought a pineapple at Costco, I took the top and just stuck it in some old bonsai soil and it rooted and grew. This year, it decided to make a pineapple and during its initial forming, it "bloomed". In case you did not know, pineapples are bromeliads (probably spelled it wrong). Anyway, I thought it was cool and wanted to share.

DSC00183-1.jpg

DSC00180-1.jpg

just.wing.it

Deadwood Head
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6B
Not really a traditional flower, but cool all the same. A year ago, I bought a pineapple at Costco, I took the top and just stuck it in some old bonsai soil and it rooted and grew. This year, it decided to make a pineapple and during its initial forming, it "bloomed". In case you did not know, pineapples are bromeliads (probably spelled it wrong). Anyway, I thought it was cool and wanted to share.

View attachment 249876

View attachment 249877
Yeah, poor Wilson the Cat....
Apparently there is a long list of toxic plants for cats.
I've already potentially saved at least 10 of my friend's and family's cats from a similar fate, by spreading the awareness.

I think everyone should know, considering how common lilies and cats both are.

Edit: @Carol 83 ...I quoted the wrong post, @Mellow Mullet

Leo in N E Illinois

The Professor
Reaction score
on the IL-WI border, a mile from ''da Lake''
USDA Zone
5b
@shinmai
Edible? Definitely your mycorrhiza is happy.

I believe "true lillies" are edible by humans, I don't know about "Star Gazers" are they a different genus? Daylillies are also edible, roots too, at least they didn't hurt me. Flavor is best in the clear yellow varieties. If they have a lot of purple, the flowers are more bitter.

My flower photo, the flowers are old, within a week of being ready to pick, blueberries.

IMG_20190703_123048622.jpg

Top Bottom