Flowers 2020

pweifan

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Bucephalandra flower, absolutely tiny. For scale, the whole tank is 12" high. Plus, this phal sp. -blooms constantly in it

This looks great! I haven't had a planted tank for a few years. I'm excited to finally set one up again in the next month or two :)

JoeR

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
finally [gonna] set one up again in the next month or two :)
Thanks! My recommendation: go fully low light low tech, or splurge for the pressurized CO2 system and high light. Anything inbetween is more frustrating than enjoyable. I highly recommend dwarf pea puffers as inhabitants in small planted tanks if you're looking for ideas

Really you should just go ahead and skip the PT and go for a paludarium 😉

Attachments

• 20201107_143845.jpg
    20201107_143845.jpg
    168.2 KB · Views: 28

pweifan

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Thanks! My recommendation: go fully low light low tech, or splurge for the pressurized CO2 system and high light. Anything inbetween is more frustrating than enjoyable. I highly recommend dwarf pea puffers as inhabitants in small planted tanks if you're looking for ideas

Really you should just go ahead and skip the PT and go for a paludarium 😉
I've already bought the supplies: Going high tech with medium/high lighting and pressurized CO2. Dwarf peas are out because I keep shrimp as well. Ember tetras are my "go to" small schooling fish.

Pretty Quince! :)

ABCarve

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
I refer to this one as my grab bag Paph. I was given 7 different Paphs by a pal that couldn’t make them bloom again. I think it was because he had them in azalea pots. None of them were tagged so I put them all in one pot so when one blooms it’s always a surprise. This is the first. @Leo in N E Illinois have any idea what it is??😁😁😁
Bulldog???F3F75DC7-C510-4143-A866-2A821C264017.jpegC09A4332-ED69-44E9-B39B-A160FB349930.jpeg

Leo in N E Illinois

The Professor
Reaction score
on the IL-WI border, a mile from ''da Lake''
USDA Zone
5b
I refer to this one as my grab bag Paph. I was given 7 different Paphs by a pal that couldn’t make them bloom again. I think it was because he had them in azalea pots. None of them were tagged so I put them all in one pot so when one blooms it’s always a surprise. This is the first. @Leo in N E Illinois have any idea what it is??😁😁😁
Bulldog???View attachment 345796View attachment 345797

There are so many greens, because they are the stepping stone to making bigger and better shaped whites. The flower quality indeed looks like one of the awarded greens. But I can not guess which one. Odds are "Hanes" might be part of the clone name or part of the name of one of the parents. I'm drawing a blank. I would give this one an HCC or an AM if the size was there. The form is great & color is clean.

Top Bottom