For you, unbelievers...

Clicio

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
11a
I believe you. But is this uncommon in your area?
This is in the countryside, not in São Paulo. In the city it´s very rare as the concrete heats up during the day and frost occurs almost never.
But in green areas (my home is near the mountains), yes, it´s quite common during the last weeks of fall and during the winter.

Maiden69

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
I believe you. But is this uncommon in your area?
He is in zone 11, that is close to the tropics weather. I'm from PR, which is mostly zone 11 and 12, and Hawaii is mostly zone 11. We never get frost, the lowest temp registered in PR was 40 deg F and it was registered in 1911 in one of the highest towns in the island.

Clicio

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
11a
He is in zone 11, that is close to the tropics weather. I'm from PR, which is mostly zone 11 and 12, and Hawaii is mostly zone 11. We never get frost, the lowest temp registered in PR was 40 deg F and it was registered in 1911 in one of the highest towns in the island.
Yes, I believe Puerto Rico is less cold than the southern part of Brazil and much more tropical like, being surrounded by the Caribbean and much closer to the Equator than São Paulo, for instance. Brazil is very big, and we have many different climates around the country. It was -5C last night in the south.

Wires_Guy_wires

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
Oh come on Clicio! Anyone can find a frosty juniper picture online and say it's from Brazil! I don't believe you!

Hahaha just kidding. I remember when my friend from Bolivia brought out a thick fur coat because it was "winter".. 21 degrees C.. 🤣

Didn't it really freeze and rain a couple years ago? I remember some videos from Brazil where people found leaves covered in ice in the jungle.

Top Bottom