Format on home page...

fredman

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
This is what my home page looks like (sorry for the bad pic). Is that the standard looking format? The resent threads is what I use most, as I don't always have the time to scan through all the forums. The resent threads opens up when its clicked, but shouldn't it be on the home page as a standard...?
2015-12-14 15.15.41.jpg

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Looks F'd!

No wonder you can't understand me!
Lol.

Sorce

ColinFraser

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9b
The forums design is adaptive, but adapts less than perfectly at certain window/screen sizes. In landscape orientation on my iPad it looks like that, but not portrait.

If you're using a desktop machine, try dragging the corner of the window to different (and counterintuitively, sometimes smaller) sizes and see what happens.

I think it has to do with how it handles the sidebars and/or some other elements.

0soyoung

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
I use the 'new posts' (since my/your last visit) on the menu bar up top. Posts you already saw may appear in the recent posts list.

fredman

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Looks F'd!

No wonder you can't understand me!
Lol.
Fixed it Sorce....
Testing Testing.... Say something that I can understand...o_O

window/screen sizes
Its because I had the screen's zoom on 125%. Put it on 100% and its good...but then I cant see :eek:
Thanks Colin.
I use the 'new posts'
Thanks great idea. Takes you right to the action !!!:)

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hold the control button and hit either the minus sign to zoom out, or the plus sign to zoom in until you find a size that works.
If you are at 125% you might have to go up one, so you can still see and at the same time not have the erratic screen.

Bonsai Nut

Nuttier than your average Nut
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
The forums design is adaptive, but adapts less than perfectly at certain window/screen sizes. In landscape orientation on my iPad it looks like that, but not portrait.

If you're using a desktop machine, try dragging the corner of the window to different (and counterintuitively, sometimes smaller) sizes and see what happens.

I think it has to do with how it handles the sidebars and/or some other elements.

C0lin is absolutely correct. The design I use for the front page is adaptive, and depending on the resolution and width of your screen, the center column may get squeezed down to the point where you see the bad formatting that you posted.

The solution is not as simple as you would think / hope (in terms of coding for the site) because the front page borrows formatting from other parts of the site that do not use the same adaptive framework. It is definitely on my "to-do" list... but I had to put it on the back burner when I realized the complexity of the required solution. I try to avoid custom code whenever possible, because it causes problems when I do periodic software updates for the site - I have to update my custom code manually.

Top Bottom