Forming your Consciousness.

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
This specific thought train started Here today.
But stems back from a closed thread too.
Has to do with these links between, how far outside the box we are, and what got us there.

The things that make US US.

Our default, our start, is to obtain what we need to survive.
I believe that path, takes one down a very specific understanding of the world, where if nothing you are doing has a negative effect on your ability to obtain what you need to survive, you don't have the ability to see anything as negative.

Especially in something as arbitrary as Bonsai.

So the first thing that puts us outside the box, is NEED.

Second, Phsycadellics.

And the most important, because it explains my previous pondering of why I tend to get along with Veterans more than other people, or, they understand me best, @GrimLore, @Vance Wood, @Bonsai Nut, this old Iron worker buddy RIP, is because Near Death Experiences take us to a completely new level of consciousness.

It's what hacks away at everything we ever thought we needed.
Putting people into the belief system that "Wealth isn't what we have, Wealth is knowing what we can live without".

I personally think that space in us, all that above the little we actually need to survive, is meant for interactions with humans, not material things.

These material things that, "can always be replaced, but we can't replace you", that everyone says after fires or accidents. But who is actually honoring each other BEFORE or even after that accident.

Anyway, especially now, I think it pays to understand US. And it will certainly pay to understand what we can live without, since we know what it's like to see empty grocery shelves.

I have a few Near Death Experiences to share. One good, eh, maybe more than that, oh, definitely more than that, stories about talking to Magazines with casuary on the cover, because when you are tripping the moment you realize but don't realize a casuary is a real thing, well THAT is life changing!

I would love to hear your stories, because I think everyone can benefit from a new understanding of our own Consciousness, and or brothers' and sisters', is that right, Fuck Grammerly.😉 "Writing is hard". Makes me sick!

Love.

Sorce

Cadillactaste

Neagari Gal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
I came from a very poor family. But we had family which were poorer. When we visited...if they offered anything to eat. You declined. Who knew when they could afford to fill their bare shelves again. We always ate before visiting...or I remember we would all pitch in other family households and take gatherings for a potluck. Leftovers staying there. So they...would have food to eat at the end of the month without a hand out begging. It allowed us all who had little to help one in more need than ourselves. And...you know what. They were the happiest of people you ever would have met. 💗 my humble beginnings...allows me to pause at the blessings I do have. It also permits me to rejoice in another's good fortune.

I remember days grandma would bake bread and deliver it to our door...so we could make onion sandwiches. Though I am far from wealthy, we are comfortable. I still crave those onion sandwiches from time to time. And think of how far God has brought me.

JoeR

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
Intention, intention, intention....

As they say, materialism is indeed the root of evil- not innately, but over the course of time the delusions of priority corrupt the minds order of whats really important.

When you look at the worlds richest, you will notice how they spend their time. Mostly thinking about, managing, and figuring out how to make more. Never content, pure consumption. But we all idolize their wealth, imagining ourselves enjoying their luxuries and living happy, but im not so sure thats what its really like. Likely when they're not busy, their idol hands do the devils work, as they say.

This mindset can be reset through psychedelics, NDE, or uh.. "meditation", among others. I have never done psychs...

Its not higher consciousness imo, its understanding and acceptance of the real truth.

However, the problem with psychedelics is that while they may show you the truth.. people often misidentify where this truth came from. This leads to more problems.

Conversely, to live a life without dependency on any substance, or material, is to live a truly free life. How many of us can say this... coffee, weed, alcohol, food, nicotine, shopping... I can't at this time.

When will we learn that the things we chase and desire only bind us, not set us free.. we are just tourists in this life anyway.

Cadillactaste

Neagari Gal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
But we all idolize their wealth, imagining ourselves enjoying their luxuries and living happy

I disagree...I learned at an early age, money doesn't bring happiness. I've seen happy, from ones so poor that the house they could afford had no indoor plumbing,when indoor plumbing was not considered a luxury. When you know this...you know the other things are just distractions.

When we drive by large estates...I laugh and say...you couldn't pay me to live there! Oh, I have a nice home...but I don't want more. Not that I play the lottery...but if I came into money...I wouldn't change who I am or where I live. I'm content...

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I disagree...I learned at an early age, money doesn't bring happiness. I've seen happy, from ones so poor that the house they could afford had no indoor plumbing,when indoor plumbing was not considered a luxury. When you know this...you know the other things are just distractions.

When we drive by large estates...I laugh and say...you couldn't pay me to live there! Oh, I have a nice home...but I don't want more. Not that I play the lottery...but if I came into money...I wouldn't change who I am or where I live. I'm content...

I think "imagining" was an important part, I believe he knows it's not real.

meditation

Meditation is the safest form of the same things Phsycadellics offers. Same with chanting, which includes all methods of prayer.
I believe it's all beneficial.

Sorce

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
We are all the same, then. .....

We shouldn't hold anyone's path against them.

Sorce

JoeR

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a

We, meaning generalized as a society- that you csnt disagree with. On an individual basis many like yourself have seen past the haze.

JoeR

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
I think "imagining" was an important part, I believe he knows it's not real.

Meditation is the safest form of the same things Phsycadellics offers. Same with chanting, which includes all methods of prayer.
I believe it's all beneficial.

Sorce
Enlightenment, the word Buddhists use, i feel is accurate. Drugs, meditation, chanting- Its all a means to an end. Its whatever slows your brain down and filters out the distractions to see the world in a new light. Psychs make it easier to slow down but it can be done in other ways...

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I think most important is in a world of "conspiracy theories" that aid in the blame game, we understand the innocent things that have us where we are.

@JudyB , this is an advanced Bonsai topic, since if at least we, can understand one another better, we can communicate a bit more effectively, and move our trees forward better than we ever have.
I can't help but define it as advanced because it is indirect. If it was "advanced techniques" I may have put it in the Teahouse. But it is a topic relevant to our trees. And I want Folks who avoid the Teahouse to maybe join in.

Sorce

JudyB

Queen of the Nuts
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
I think most important is in a world of "conspiracy theories" that aid in the blame game, we understand the innocent things that have us where we are.

@JudyB , this is an advanced Bonsai topic, since if at least we, can understand one another better, we can communicate a bit more effectively, and move our trees forward better than we ever have.
I can't help but define it as advanced because it is indirect. If it was "advanced techniques" I may have put it in the Teahouse. But it is a topic relevant to our trees. And I want Folks who avoid the Teahouse to maybe join in.

Sorce
I don’t think it has the first thing to do with trees. Other than this post of yours that I replied to, and my use of the word tree in my post, there is one use of the word Bonsai and no other mention of tree or bonsai in any other post. And the tread is not speaking about any topic of trees or bonsai.

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Truth.

This has nothing to do with bonsai, and everything to do with our collections getting better faster.

Sorce

Cadillactaste

Neagari Gal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
Truth.

This has nothing to do with bonsai, and everything to do with our collections getting better faster.

Sorce
Well, I'm at a point...I think I'm done adding unless I sell. So getting better will still fall on patience. 🙃 I have enough "decent" trees, that I'm working on taking them further...then redirecting time to projects.

Bonsai and faster. Your confusing me there. I didn't think those two words could be put in the same sentence...unless saying its impossible to do bonsai faster.

HorseloverFat

Squarepants with Conkers
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
Shoot! JUST saw this.. but am about to “hit the trails”... I WILL be back.

I have a little input.

;)

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I was watching another JRE about how winter, simple winter, also has this effect on people, where they are subject to what nature allows.

This also adds to this pattern of thought in Ones head, forms us and our Outlook.

These simple things are the beginning of why we lack understanding for each other.

Sorce

Anthony

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Knowledge - Sorce

Allows us to manipulate information - sub-creation

seed - soil - clay [ pottery ] - Design - > Bonsai

Clay, stone, wood, thatch -------- > English Cottage

Money is low in need.

Live your life twice [ in joy ] achievements / memories - Dalai Lama

Good Day