Forming your Consciousness.

coh

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I seen it...the name was blacked out. I had no idea from Adam who had wrote it. I've seen worse allowed to stay on a forum thread by posters.

I still don't understand the contention other than a post was placed outside of a tagged forum area. This entire post has me confused.
So you're OK if people start posting your PM's on the forum? That's always been a big no-no on any forum I've been a member of, regardless of whether the person is identified or not. The only case where I would consider it was if someone threatened my life, then I'd broadcast it all over the place. Otherwise...it's PRIVATE.

Cadillactaste

Neagari Gal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
The "Removing private site communication" stuff is the concerning part. If the message was a private message and it was posted--even with the OP info blacked out, it's a potential problem. What does that mean?
(((Shrugs))) it wasn't nothing already said. But fare enough.

It sadens me...that a post placed in the what many feels the wrong is what started the ball rolling. There is so much contention and static noise everywhere. I'm staying off radar for the most part. I'm glad I had the opportunity to learn the ropes when I did. I will be forever grateful for those who helped me on my journey. But I'm not doing static noise right now. When it's found it can be a poison and seep into other areas.

I just assumed something underlying was the cause. But quite frankly...I don't care to know.

Take care...I'm off to water my trees. I find the most peace from what they offer.

rockm

Spuds Moyogi
Reaction score
USDA Zone
(((Shrugs))) it wasn't nothing already said. But fare enough.

It sadens me...that a post placed in the what many feels the wrong is what started the ball rolling. There is so much contention and static noise everywhere. I'm staying off radar for the most part. I'm glad I had the opportunity to learn the ropes when I did. I will be forever grateful for those who helped me on my journey. But I'm not doing static noise right now. When it's found it can be a poison and seep into other areas.

I just assumed something underlying was the cause. But quite frankly...I don't care to know.

Take care...I'm off to water my trees. I find the most peace from what they offer.

Well, um, doesn't really matter that the content in the private post was "already said" If it was a private communication then it's a private communication...

I have no problem with the overall post. Have at it.

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I stumbled apon this thread. Most of it goes over my head but the last bit concerns me. That is just so NOT @sorce
You need to fix this mate. I've always seen you as the peacemaker and level headed one. I've always seen the reason in your 'chaos'. This however baffles me...to do that to another member is not right. Not if you're an administrator...uh uh 🤨

I was worried you would have something sensible to say.

I'm just playing the game this girl wants to play.

"She" knows good and hell well how to have an actual private conversation with Greg.

If they wanted something other than to be put on blast, they knew how to do it. Instead they chose the route I would be privy to, reporting. And with some foolish, selfish, anti-me sentiment.

Not today!

Especially when this thread is intended to close a gap, not drive a wedge, which is what that selfish taddling was.

I didn't make this "thing" a "competition", they did.
Now that it is one.

I won't lose.

Gave em what they wanted though, I'm not an admin anymore.

Watch out for the Puffing chest.

Sorce

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
You better vet em better of you're gonna divulge any information.

I have actual PM screenshots that were sent to me by people who care, of others who don't know how to keep their piehole closed.

Wait'll that goes on blast, with nothing crossed out because I have no obligation to cross out names.

Now that you ignorants soured this idea.....
Let's just keep talking foolishly.

Sorce

coh

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I was worried you would have something sensible to say.

I'm just playing the game this girl wants to play.

"She" knows good and hell well how to have an actual private conversation with Greg.

What are you, 5 years old? Grow the fuck up!

Gave em what they wanted though, I'm not an admin anymore.

About time. Maybe there's hope for this place.

AlainK

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9A
The things that make US US.

What is "consciousness" ?

Feeling part of a country, a nation, a state, a clan, is about history. "Consciousness" is about "conscience", which, for me refers to an individual, not a group.

"Consciousness" is based on moral, ethical values which implies "critical sense", the ability to make one's opinion, not to comply to a doxa (religion, tradition, etc.)

I think that perhaps you confuse "consciousness" with "patriotism", or its most awful avatar, "nationalism".

Feeling part of a group, a nation, a community, doesn't mean losing your ability to judge whether your government, "your country", your own "community" is right or wrong. Unfortunately, there are so many examples, in history, and today.

Maybe I don't fully understand what you mean : although "consciousness" comes for the French "conscience", perhaps it has a different meaning over the pond. Like one of the few quotes everyone knows in France : "Science sans conscience n'est que ruine de l'âme", approx. "Knowledge without conscience is but the ruin of the soul".

Most people misquote it, replacing "âme" (soul) with "homme" (man) : "Knowledge (science, from latin "sapere") without conscience is but the ruin of man."

(François Rabelais, c. 1494 - 1553 )

When "consciousness" becomes something collective, well, you have Stalin, Hitler, Kim-Jong-Un, and the adepts of... other crooks and potential tweeting dictators.

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
What is "consciousness" ?
Capture+_2020-08-10-13-17-07.png

I like the one about individual awareness.

Dropping this to get back inline with the topic so we don't get deleted.

Morce.

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Truth Truth, the puzzle that is, why can't we understand each other, is too fun for me to not exist in this realm we are experiencing. This thread. My sour interactions with folks.

Since I know I mean no harm, when I am directly involved, it becomes even more baffling, therefore, exciting to deal with and think about.

That's why I can't ignore it.

Sorce

HorseloverFat

Squarepants with Conkers
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
(I really enjoy the original topic... so I’m gonna sidestep all the ruckus just in an attempt to keep this conversation “rolling” ((even if it “rolls” in the background)

This is one my favorite statement/passages regarding “consciousness”.... from Carl Gustav Jung... (just add a “wo” to all the “man” chatter if applicable ;) )

“The basic experience of man today is the subject-object relationship. Things confront the man and wait for his transmuting activity. Out of this mutual relationship, the ‘work’ of a man is born. This correlation stamps it’s image on the psyche. Our consciousness occupies itself with objects; the conscious work of the intellect, the will and the heart is applied to the ‘fantasy image’ of the objects which confront man and decision presses outwards into actions. The outside rushes in on us and we confront it. This daily encounter between the external world and our activities forms inside us a conception of reality that which is effective.“

coh

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Boo hoo!

Sorce

Stop crying. Try to be a big boy.

Truth Truth, the puzzle that is, why can't we understand each other, is too fun for me to not exist in this realm we are experiencing. This thread. My sour interactions with folks.

Once again...when you are having sour interactions with a large number of people, the problem probably isn't everyone else.

Anyway, just glad there were consequences for your actions. I'll exit this thread and let you enjoy yourself.

AlainK

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9A
I like the one about individual awareness.

I like this one too.

It "adds water to my mill" as we say : consciousness can't be collective, it's by definition deeply anchored into one's own mind as long as they can tell lies from facts.

Don't you agree ? :cool:

I mean, how can "consciousness" apply to anyone else but me ? It doesn't even apply to my wife, my friend, my child. Or if I think it does, I'd rather pray, or join the communist party : all the same but different.

(Actually, if I had the choice, I'd prefer to be wrong than to follow a flock of sheep, bleating along without questioning anything, although the result would more or less be the same : suppression of "consciousness", in favour of "belief").

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
when you are having sour interactions with a large number of people

There goes part of the small group trying to call it large.

You tried....what happened?
Let someone else guide your beliefs?

Sorce

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Don't you agree ?

Yes. Individual.

This path of examining how we got to a place within ourselves, is the exercise to understand each other.

Our default is all the same. Survive.

It's our individual paths that suited that one similar objective that got all of us to exactly where we are.

So to hate, is to hate a path brought on by events one doesn't have control over.

I propose, it is foolish to hate a path.

Righteous to Know a Human.

I was thinking about these reactionary laws in regards to empathy.
One can be empathic, but without a trigger to actively be empathic in support of another human, we will not show empathy.

These paths, of hardship, hunger, life experience in general, is what keeps all these triggers always on.

I suspect you haven't "had it easy", as you understand a great deal.

Some powerful insight.

Sorce

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
To be lost is to be found.

"Carmen is Carbon".

We are not of Earth, we are Earth.

Lost, like time, doesn't exist outside the human imagination.

Sorce

Top Bottom