Forming your Consciousness.

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Found these recently. I have been watching them. I picked up Lao Tzu a long time ago, never realized how much it has formed me.

An easy further understanding.

Sorce

HorseloverFat

Squarepants with Conkers
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
I love his work...

I like to get different translations when I see them.. Like hearing the same great story from someone else’s lips.

AlainK

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9A
An easy further understanding.

I just can't understand the mechanical speech of this cult.

I pity the half-wits and their family that are so stupid to believe in such crap.

What I find very distressing is that i'm sure a high proportion of proplr would just stick to any kind of relgion, like the one that was based on gold tablets, er, not these ones, I get new ones, etc...

How can people be so stupid ?

HorseloverFat

Squarepants with Conkers
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a

I pity the half-wits and their family that are so stupid to believe in such crap.

What I find very distressing is that i'm sure a high proportion of proplr would just stick to any kind of relgion, like the one that was based on gold tablets, er, not these ones, I get new ones, etc...

I just tend to read all I can.. gain insight on EVERYONE’S beliefs...

I also just re-read the communist manifesto, and the essential guide to sufism. I’ve read the Bible (in it’s entirety) almost two times through.... I know how to consult the I-Ching oracle... and have read the ravings of the mad prophet in the Necronomicon...

I like exploring multiple avenues.... keeps the mind limber.

Carol 83

Flower Girl
Reaction score

Somebody must have peed on your Cheerios today, good grief, chill out.

HorseloverFat

Squarepants with Conkers
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
What can anyone "gain" from stupid beliefs ?

How can anyone "gain" understanding, intelligence, from "creeds".

How can people build a reasonable view of the world ?

I like to gain INSIGHT on everyone beliefs. Understanding methodologies and practices used in their thought processes to form these beliefs.

For me, understanding the “why“ and sometimes “how”.. is vastly more important from an empirical evidence “collecting” standpoint..

Almost like studying Mankind (anthropology/sociology) through the reading/analysis of its... um.. varying “shenanigans”.

🤓

leatherback

The Treedeemer
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I like to gain INSIGHT on everyone beliefs. Understanding methodologies and practices used in their thought processes to form these beliefs.
Yup. That is why I too, even though I choose to not adhere to any religion but science, read the concepts & stories within the other large worldviews.
People who disagree with viewpoints and as such are unwilling to understand where the other viewpoint comes from, will have a very limited view of the world.

AlainK

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9A
People who disagree with viewpoints and as such are unwilling to understand where the other viewpoint comes from, will have a very limited view of the world.

You mean... the earth is flat ? Or that the earth and everything that lives on it was created in 7 days ? Do you think that understanding where such statements, or creeds, come from will expand my philosophical horizons ?

Permit me to disagree. It can make me understand better the history of false truths, so help me to explain things to those who don't share my views. It doesn't make anyone aware of what our world, our children's world, what the future will be. It can only keep us backward.

Sorry if I got into another inflame. But "It will start getting cooler, huh hu, science knows..."

From California up to Washington and Oregon, I think people will be reassured. And appreciate...

Mapleminx

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
So we are looking at buying some nice rural/wild acerage back in Oz and making a go of it for ourselves, simplify things. It will be a sacrifice but we see it more of a purge of all the meaningless crap. Not some kind of new age revelation type of thing, just some honest means of providing for those we care the most for.
Can I come? I’m so tired of the daily grind of slaving away at something I dislike just to pay the bills and survive! Rural life sounds like hard work but much more rewarding.

Starfox

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
10b
Well why not, there are certainly more meaningful ways of paying the bills and cutting down on them. I think we all have it in us to move out of our comfort zone if need be, especially when that comfort zone has stopped being comfortable.

penumbra

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Consciousness simply is. It is all that exists. Everything we know, see, smell, feel, think, is a projection of consciousness.
I won't say anything further on the matter.

Mapleminx

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Well why not, there are certainly more meaningful ways of paying the bills and cutting down on them. I think we all have it in us to move out of our comfort zone if need be, especially when that comfort zone has stopped being comfortable.
As beautiful as Australia is, it would be my luck to be bitten by something poisonous out in the sticks in the very first week and perish 😅😂😂

Top Bottom