Forsoothe's 2020-25 Five Year Azalea Contest race to the bottom...

Forsoothe!

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
Don't jinx me! We still have 4 more winters to survive, and God only how many rabbits, vols, muskrats, groundhogs and windstorms. There may be one or two bushewackers laying in the weeds out there, too.

Deep Sea Diver

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
Gosh, I thought you were declaring victory by fiat! 😉.

Let’s hope this little tree will find its way though all those hazards safely.

cheers
DSD sends

Pitoon

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
@Forsoothe! You know I'm just teasing you! I'm actually impressed how nice yours looks. I have some 'Silver sword' in the yard that have struggled for 2yrs. I'm tempted to pull them out next year and replace them with the Korean azalea cuttings.

Are you doing anything special for this one?

Forsoothe!

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
I have one in the landscape for 10 years that does poorly. I am not allowing flowers, or flower buds for that matter, and trimming very tight in place of flowering, after which it just sits there and pouts all summer. Sept 1st it begins the second flush and that's what you see, all that new, bright foliage which will take a beating over winter and would be hidden by flowers, but I will remove buds as early as I see them and all strength will go into vegetation. I'm hoping to build one layer (clouds) each year. I'm not sure of what I'm doing, but it's a nice plan!

Forsoothe!

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
Never say die. You learn more from failure than from success. Eventually, you run out of new ways to fail and along the way create some trees to make you proud. Back in my youth, when a rose would die my father would say, "It's a buying opportunity".

Go thee to the store. Pig out.:)

Top Bottom