Forsythia with dark spots

Oerc201

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Hello

My Forsythia has dark spots. Does anyone know if this is fungal? And how can i treated?

Thanks

Shibui

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9?
There are all sorts of black spots - some perfectly normal, some insect, some fungal. Without seeing a good, clear picture we would just be guessing.

Oerc201

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Yeah i thought they uploaded but for some reason did not. I will upload later today sorry ab that

Shibui

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9?
If you have problems with photos it may be because the files are too large. I think the limit is 1MB so we often need to reduce file size before uploading.
It will also pay to add a location in your profile so members can give better advice based on your area.

Oerc201

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Yes i am at work i will do it as soon as i get home. I might have to figure out why i can’t upload them

Oerc201

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Here are the pictures thanks

Attachments

• D734D797-0361-4D8D-A044-BE08BB7ECABB.jpeg
    D734D797-0361-4D8D-A044-BE08BB7ECABB.jpeg
    210.9 KB · Views: 18
  • 5B7F1310-F9B1-47E0-B4BE-D45FECA5CC22.jpeg
    5B7F1310-F9B1-47E0-B4BE-D45FECA5CC22.jpeg
    185.7 KB · Views: 18

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Here are the pictures thanks

I had the same kinda spots on my Smoke Bush and reckon it was the Lemon Beavers aka Tilly Polly, aka pill bugs tearing holes through the roots that either caused it, or allowed for it.

Sorce

Oerc201

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
How did you get rid of them? Or what did you do if you don’t mind the question. Thanks

Leo in N E Illinois

The Professor
Reaction score
on the IL-WI border, a mile from ''da Lake''
USDA Zone
5b
Often by middle of summer deciduous tree leaves can look pretty beat up from various insects and leaf fungi. Extended periods of wet leaves, can allow various fungi to get started. In general, most of these are not lethal, are actually more a cosmetic nuisance. You can avoid further infection in part by moving the forsythia to a location with better air movement. If it was on the ground, put it up on a bench. If the bench is crowded, try creating space between the pots to allow air flow. Usually more direct sun will help keep fungus at bay. None of these environmental cures will fix the damaged leaves, but they should help prevent others from getting bad.

Top Bottom