Found some cool stuff yesterday

wireme

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I had a fun day clambering around in the woods yesterday and found some really cool stuff. A
Small stand of limber pine in a previously undocumented area. I think limbers are British Columbias rarest and most endangered tree species, there is a fellow researching these trees nearby so I can pass on the site to him. Also another really cool find, an agarikon mushroom growing on an old growth larch. These mushrooms are currently showing immense promise in medical research and are very hard to find, maybe I can send a sample of to these guys. http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=NtwzHY-7mXo&desktop_uri=/watch?v=NtwzHY-7mXo
Here's the shroom and the tree it's on. image.jpgimage.jpg

wireme

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Mostly I just love to explore this type of terrain, pretty special spots really. But yeah, always checking for collectabilty of the nice ones too....

wireme

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I went out exploring again today, skunked in terms of yamadori finds but here's an odd thing. I don't really know what to make of this, judging by the moss and lichen growth in this fairly dry site it's been there for a very long time.
And to keep bonsai addicts happy, a cool tree to look at. :Dimage.jpgimage.jpg image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    204.9 KB · Views: 29

amkhalid

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6A
I went out exploring again today, skunked in terms of yamadori finds but here's an odd thing. I don't really know what to make of this, judging by the moss and lichen growth in this fairly dry site it's been there for a very long time.
And to keep bonsai addicts happy, a cool tree to look at. :DView attachment 40191View attachment 40192 View attachment 40194

Holy crap thats kind of creepy. Did you crawl in there? :D

wireme

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Nope, as you say, creepy! I sent the dog over first to sniff it out and kind of poked my head in a bit.

Smoke

Ignore-Amus
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I'd be digging for arrowheads there in a minute.

wireme

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
You think? Well, I know where to find it again! I found a nicely made granite spearhead in the area once years ago.

mc4mc44

Mame
Reaction score
And to keep bonsai addicts happy, a cool tree to look at. :DView attachment 40191View attachment 40192 View attachment 40194

It looks like it was some hippies mountain hideaway from the 70's.

I want to believe it was natives, but I think they would have built something bigger... i really don't know anything about native americans though, so what i think is pretty much useless here... Thanks for posting anyway.

Top Bottom