Four Seasons Bonsai Club Show

M. Frary

Bonsai Godzilla
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Gogeerah and The Sorce together --------- WOW !!!!!!

Tokyo burns and is magically rebuilt.
Good Times
Anthony
Hes quieter than I thought he would be.
Either that or I didnt let him get a word in edgewise.
I do tend to be loud and talk some.

M. Frary

Bonsai Godzilla
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I always got the idea he was gifted and very sensitive.
Easily hurt and big of heart.
Much like Uncle Gogeerah
Me?
Sensitive?
Sorce is a much better person than I'll ever be.
I can only strive to be like that.
You can feel it when hes near you. You can feel it in his pots too.
I felt like I've known him my whole life.

Steve C

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Mike & Vance it was good to see you guys again. I was bummed that we had to leave before Sorce got there but Mark to to be at work at 1pm and I had the Clawson show to go too. Lots of nice trees there again this year. I grabbed a nice Hillier Elm from Kurt/Flower Market booth that I am happy with. I got some pics of the show trees I'll tryin post up soon as I get a chance.

M. Frary

Bonsai Godzilla
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Mike & Vance it was good to see you guys again. I was bummed that we had to leave before Sorce got there but Mark to to be at work at 1pm and I had the Clawson show to go too. Lots of nice trees there again this year. I grabbed a nice Hillier Elm from Kurt/Flower Market booth that I am happy with. I got some pics of the show trees I'll tryin post up soon as I get a chance.
It's always great to see you Steve.
@LeonardB was after your elm.

Paulpash

Masterpiece
Reaction score
Here's one for now.
These guys are great!
I couldn't get everybody together at the same times.
But Sorce did make it.
The man is one of the best people I've ever met. He drove over 5 hours there and 5 hours back just to see Vance and I. You kind of get a feeling of how he is through his posts when you meet him in person it comes through a lot.
Meeting Sorce was the highlight of the show for me. It might be the highlight of my year even.View attachment 205916

Aha so that's @sorce. Good to put a face to a name.

Steve C

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Here are some of the pics from the show. Lots of nice trees there this year, I have some more pics but just pressed for time at the moment so these are all I could resize for the time being. Will try to upload the rest when I get a chance.

PTZFrl.jpg

zRkkzr.jpg

hFvsuE.jpg

SQkIro.jpg

riKuvC.jpg

Then this is the Elm I bought at the show. First Elm I have owned, I like the looks of it. Only thing I have done to it so far is I repotted it as a bit more of a slant because I was not a fan of the upright look it had, and I wired a little bit of movement into some of the lower branches.

BF9vO6.jpg

Jester217300

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6A
That's a Jackqueline Hillier elm. They have a very coarse growth habit so the moment the tree enters refinement you'll want to be diligent about trimming everything back to two leaves to promote ramification.

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I was very pleasantly surprised walking into the show!

It had a good flow and the dark cloths were not so see thru later in the day, or at all in person. Very good background. Made the trees easy to view, the green so popping.

Club did a great job!

Seems to only be getting better too!

Sorce

Vance Wood

Lord Mugo
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5-6
I was very pleasantly surprised walking into the show!

It had a good flow and the dark cloths were not so see thru later in the day, or at all in person. Very good background. Made the trees easy to view, the green so popping.

Club did a great job!

Seems to only be getting better too!

Sorce
And larger, we may have to expand next year. One of my students won a major award in his category this year. I keep forgetting to tell Leonard what a great job he has done with his Tanukis. The only Tanuki grafts I actually like.

JudyB

Queen of the Nuts
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Good quality trees from the photos, will be patiently waiting for more... :) I like that there is room between each display to make the trees seem individual, our local show doesn't have the space to do that, and it really makes a huge difference.

Paulpash

Masterpiece
Reaction score
Here are some of the pics from the show. Lots of nice trees there this year, I have some more pics but just pressed for time at the moment so these are all I could resize for the time being. Will try to upload the rest when I get a chance.

PTZFrl.jpg

zRkkzr.jpg

hFvsuE.jpg

SQkIro.jpg

riKuvC.jpg

Then this is the Elm I bought at the show. First Elm I have owned, I like the looks of it. Only thing I have done to it so far is I repotted it as a bit more of a slant because I was not a fan of the upright look it had, and I wired a little bit of movement into some of the lower branches.

BF9vO6.jpg

Maybe a slight lowering of the planting position of the elm at the next repot? The show looks great @Vance Wood & @M. Frary and never tire of seeing the class mugo.

Last edited:
Top Bottom