Four Seasons Bonsai Club Show

Waltron

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Just saw this thread. Posted my photos in another. Damn I missed sorce! Vance tried to sell me an $1800 mugo. I picked up an old book and pot. Here was a really great bald cypress that John Wall brought up that I actually should have bought in hindsight. He had some cool collected ponderosa too.

Good show. Ann Arbor at end of month. Great trees from the collection at the garden, and there will be some top notch private collection pieces.

3A0CBA68-DE20-479D-9C65-E5FD1D9772C0.jpeg

M. Frary

Bonsai Godzilla
Reaction score
USDA Zone
When the hell were you there?
I know the very mugo you're talking about.

Waltron

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
I was there on Sunday, I actually saw you in hindsight. but wasn’t real sure an didnt say hi. You were watering that twin juniper when I talking to Kurt. And Vance didn’t know it was me. tbh seemed like he was trying to shoo me away from it, seemed like he’d rather keep it than sell it. Gothberg has a couple nice Larch that I liked.

Waltron

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
I brought a tatted up little sexy blond with me. You might have noticed her haha

M. Frary

Bonsai Godzilla
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I was there on Sunday, I actually saw you in hindsight. but wasn’t real sure an didnt say hi. You were watering that twin juniper when I talking to Kurt. And Vance didn’t know it was me. tbh seemed like he was trying to shoo me away from it, seemed like he’d rather keep it than sell it. Gothberg has a couple nice Larch that I liked.
I wouldn't really want to sell it either.
You just dont see a mugo trunk like that.

Vance Wood

Lord Mugo
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5-6
That was perceptived. However; who the EFF are you to masquarade as the Zorro of Bonsai? You come up here to be at the show where you knew we would be there and you don't introduce yourself? Instead you march around as the infamous masked man and disappear as quickly as you appeared. Why would you do that? You know how fleeting life is and there is no promise that any one of or any of us will be alive next time this show rolls around. This is the message I have been trying to preach for a number of years now in relation to growing bonsai, don't fool around get serious as much as you are able and go forward. Personally I am very sorry to have not met you for real. In case you did not notice I do not like playing games with people I should like. I'm not pissed off I'm, I guess you could say, Hurt.

Waltron

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
I say to Vance, “your not going to repot Ssspine in summer” just to mess with him haha
That was perceptived. However; who the EFF are you to masquarade as the Zorro of Bonsai? You come up here to be at the show where you knew we would be there and you don't introduce yourself? Instead you march around as the infamous masked man and disappear as quickly as you appeared. Why would you do that? You know how fleeting life is and there is no promise that any one of or any of us will be alive next time this show rolls around. This is the message I have been trying to preach for a number of years now in relation to growing bonsai, don't fool around get serious as much as you are able and go forward. Personally I am very sorry to have not met you for real. In case you did not notice I do not like playing games with people I should like. I'm not pissed off I'm, I guess you could say, Hurt.

Woah I am truly sorry sir. Didn’t mean to be no zoro, and honest I figured your tree would be there but didn’t know you would be and I’m like oh I think that’s him. Well I could have said I’m that dick on the internet but just decided to have a candid chat. I should have introduced myself to you and mike. I was there with a chick and I’m like these are the guys from the chat rooms, yea I kinda know them haha. Life is finite, always fleeting, hindsight is 2020, but hey, I came to see your tree. It really is as great in person as in photo. I wanted to ask you what’s the ticket on that thing but I figured Thad be awkward. I asked Tony tickle how much it took to come off his precious 20+ year project.. curious to know if you would or not.

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Zorro! Lol!

Its kinda odd....
The "introduce yourself or not".
At least for me, since I have said shit on here that could probly get some people fired from their jobs if they were known to associate with me!

Plus....I started the thread on meeting nuts.https://www.bonsainut.com/threads/meeting-nuts-in-person.26727/
So you oughta know!

But also....
I never figured anyone missed the Ulmus selfie thread!
https://www.bonsainut.com/threads/ulmus-selfie-contest.18272/

And as a footer.....
https://www.bonsainut.com/threads/acer-nebari-un-contest.21152/

If I ever have to look for Lance...I'm looking for sandal tanlines!

I'm going next year....hopefully for the full 3 days!....maybe with tree.... Definitely with TREE!

Meet you all!

This show really can be a lot better....
But not if only Zorro comes....
And Those with the toes that can take the heat of the hot sand...lol!

But for real .. Dedicate!

More people more vendors...(a potter or 2)
A couple more large fans!

It is a great venue with so much more space available! Excellent natural lighting.

S

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I been wondering bout that Mugo....
Contemplating......
I know I can keep it alive.....
And it's soooooooo in my style wheelhouse...

Wicked wicked tree.

Sorce

LanceMac10

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Old lady won tickets to Pearl Jam at Wrigley tonight. Could have gone but....got a couple trees that need watering!!!:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:mad:

And to top it off, me and @WeeMac runnin' solo for four days...…..pancake and pepperoni breakfast for everybody!!!!:oops::eek::D:D:D:D:D:D

Some day I'll get out there, catch a 'Hawk's tilt and burn a couple numbers!!!!:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:

Vance Wood

Lord Mugo
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5-6
I been wondering bout that Mugo....
Contemplating......
I know I can keep it alive.....
And it's soooooooo in my style wheelhouse...

Wicked wicked tree.

Sorce
Which Mugo are you reffering to?

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Which Mugo are you reffering to?

the $1800 one!

Lol..."I thought someone erased some of an 800 number on the pot"...
But that was the price!

No seriously.....

I think that could sell to closer to $2500 styled. With about $100 added every year after for three years...then $3,500 when it gets into one of those bathtubs Vance had in the 4th year!

Style it on a video!

Sorce

Cosmos

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
the $1800 one!

But that was the price!

No seriously.....

I think that could sell to closer to $2500 styled. With about $100 added every year after for three years...then $3,500 when it gets into one of those bathtubs Vance had in the 4th year!

Style it on a video!

Sorce

Has this tree been posted somewhere here before? Always interesting to see how the pricing is made for quality trees.

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Has this tree been posted somewhere here before? Always interesting to see how the pricing is made for quality trees.

Its a great story I hope gets told!

Sorce

Vance Wood

Lord Mugo
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5-6
the $1800 one!

But that was the price!

No seriously.....

Style it on a video!

Sorce
I will do that. You are right I think the styled price is going to be much higher. My wife has suggested that I do something great with it because a couple of my trees like the Dragon and Porky have acquired too many awards.

M. Frary

Bonsai Godzilla
Reaction score
USDA Zone
It has. But only for a moment.
It has to be the biggest mugo this side of the Atlantic.
I forgot to take a picture of it even though it was right in front of me for 2 days.

Top Bottom