Frankenstein Tamarix

Cadillactaste

Neagari Gal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
The Tamarix...These are peculiar...they will bloom then a few more branches bloom. I see tell tale signs of the other without blooms are trying to start. But for now...this is as good as it's going to get I think. This side shows the trunk line a bit better than the back half. Waiting for the new growth to harden...and select some wiring branches as secondary weeping on what is going on already.
117257647_3438334906187487_2942378290468525697_n (2).jpg
Image taken a different day. Just thought to post here as well.
Tamarix in bloom close up of tiny flowers 2020.jpg

Cadillactaste

Neagari Gal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
That's how the one in our yard behaves too.
Thanks for confirming that...I was thinking that's how this one did when it was in the landscape. But...my mind just wouldn't recollect that piece of knowledge with this tree. I've finally put it into an area that it permits it to bloom better. (More sun hours) The bottom of the waterfall doesn't permit enough sun hours for a good bloom season.

leatherback

The Treedeemer
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Glad to see yours does not bloom easily and happily. I have one which has never shown a single flower!

Cadillactaste

Neagari Gal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
Glad to see yours does not bloom easily and happily. I have one which has never shown a single flower!
Sun exposure I think really has a lot to do with it. The foliage that isn't in bloom...is showing signs now of blooming. They really need a lot of sun exposure. I knew this before...but preferred its location for the essence of the picturesque image it made at the base of the waterfall. Now it sits on my pub table on the main deck. Full sun for hours upon hours. Its very full and happy.

Top Bottom