Free Japanese - English Translation

Reaction score
USDA Zone
9b
Moderators: If this is in the wrong place, feel free to move it.

Hi everyone,

I made an earlier post trying to gauge interest on this topic and getting opinions, from some of you so thank you for your feedback. I've seen people requesting translations on this forum as well as others on several occasions and most of these posts go unanswered.
As mentioned in that post, I am trying to break into the world of freelance Japanese-English translation but the industry (not unlike others) demands extensive experience for most contracts. The old catch-22 of trying to gain experience in order to gain experience exists, so the best way to do so is to take on non-paying jobs for others.

My hope here is that we can help each other out a bit.

What I am offering is:
-Free Japanese - English translation of bonsai related materials. These can be from books, magazines, internet articles, etc.
-I cannot promise 100% perfect and professional work, but I can promise a much better translation that google translate would provide.
-First-come first-serve order with the following restrictions.

What I need is:
-High quality digital files: These can be pdf, exel, word files or high quality scanned images from books/magazine/internet sources.
-Some time to complete the job: (this will be dependent simply on how much free time I have)

Guidelines:
-I will accept a maximum of (3) pages of 'dense' text or (5) pages of 'loose' text. Reasonable combinations of the two are fine as well. *** I've attached an example of what I mean by this.***
-Files need to be high quality. If I cannot read them to begin with, I'm not going to be able to translate them.
-Source material needs to be Japanese. (my Chinese sucks)
-Provide any backstory/background information you can that can help me out with the context of the material.

Example of 'dense' material: Example of 'loose' material:
dense Japanese.jpgdense English.jpg loose Japanese.jpgloose English.jpg

How to get stuff to me:
-Email me at - dunbarhonyaku@gmail.com
-Put 'bonsainut' in the subject line.
-Write me a little greeting and tell me what you would like translate and any backstory/context on the material that you have.
-Attach the files you would like translated.
-Wait for a reply.

Hopefully there is some interest here. I look forward to hearing from some of you in the near future.
Thanks!

Last edited:

vancehanna

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9A
Thank you for this idea. I am certain in time folks will be delighted to have pages from our bonsai mags and books translated. I have a few and will send them off soon!

Top Bottom