Free shipping on pumice

Rid

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
General pumice products is offering free shipping now

What’s the best size to order for general purpose soil?

atlarsenal

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
I use 3/16 from them for shohin to mid size trees. 1/8 for starting seeds & 3/8 on collected trees. I still sift but it’s a quick sift.

Reactions: Rid

Gary McCarthy

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
I'm pretty sure they always have "free" shipping. Fact is the shipping cost is already included in the price they charge.

Dav4

Drop Branch Murphy
Reaction score
SE MI- Bonsai'd for 12 years both MA and N GA
USDA Zone
6a
I'm pretty sure they always have "free" shipping. Fact is the shipping cost is already included in the price they charge.
Hah, figures. When I was in vet school, I spent a week on the Oklahoma State campus. Driving in, we passed a Mexican restaurant named Bobos that happened to have a giant sign in the window saying "Margaritas, 1/2 price special this week!". We all said "Awesome!" and spent more then a few nights at Bobos enjoying their food and margaritas. Leaving the campus the following week, I noted that the sign was still there, even though it was a new week... at least they were good margaritas and still priced to sell to students on a budget:).

coh

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I've bought from them, price seems reasonable even with the shipping included (it's comparable to those sellers on ebay or facebook who
charge "less" for the pumice but then you have to pay for the flat rate shipping). Nice clean even sized pumice.

Gary McCarthy

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
I've bought from them, price seems reasonable even with the shipping included (it's comparable to those sellers on ebay or facebook who
charge "less" for the pumice but then you have to pay for the flat rate shipping). Nice clean even sized pumice.
I agree. They have the best prices I've found and it's a good quality product, very few fines.

moke

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
???

Feel free to send some down to Texas some day.
Hey, I may someday start selling the stuff.....we'll see.
I plan on building several grow beds with 20 - 30" of pumice.

penumbra

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
On Amazon a 15# bag is $18 plus $11.99 for shipping for a total of $29.99. On General Pumice Products site it is $27 for same bag with free shipping. If you buy 8 bags on GPP site you get 10% off.

Wee

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
Some hydroponics stores carry pumice...It's not sifted but a cubic foot on the east cost is around $16 about half that out west. I'm picking up some tomorrow at lunch.

Brian

Rid

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
Some hydroponics stores carry pumice...It's not sifted but a cubic foot on the east cost is around $16 about half that out west. I'm picking up some tomorrow at lunch.

Brian
What store? I haven’t been able to find it in the metro area

Wee

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
Taproot has it but they only have 2 bags in stock so please don't beat me there tomorrow.

Atlantis Hydroponics has some on order...He sold his last 2 bags this past week.....Supposed to be in later this week.

Other than Urban Horticulture Supply in Chattanooga I didn't call any others in the area. They seem to keep more in stock than the local stores....I think the lady said they had 10 or 12 bags....Just too far of a drive unless I was headed that way over the weekend anyway.

I know there are a couple of stores in the Buford area but I didn't even call them.

Brian

Rid

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
Taproot has it but they only have 2 bags in stock so please don't beat me there tomorrow.

Atlantis Hydroponics has some on order...He sold his last 2 bags this past week.....Supposed to be in later this week.

Other than Urban Horticulture Supply in Chattanooga I didn't call any others in the area. They seem to keep more in stock than the local stores....I think the lady said they had 10 or 12 bags....Just too far of a drive unless I was headed that way over the weekend anyway.

I know there are a couple of stores in the Buford area but I didn't even call them.

Brian
Will you let me know how much you sifted out? Looks like those bags are just under 50lbs each. Good find!

Wee

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
Yes.....I'll be sifting this week if weather permits. I'll pour up a bag in a clear plastic container and weigh it.....Then do the same after it's sifted.

Brian

ml_work

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
That is where I got my pumice, I thought the bags looked small but realized it was just my Wishful Hoping for them to be larger. I will order again.

TN_Jim

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
1549860825739.jpeg
this hydro store pumice is not worth it to me. the size looked way too small. anybody sifted this? it’s the only pumice in my area I know of...

that image on the bag is a graphic, the bag is clear on the edges and if this is it...there is indeed a very untapped market for profit...just saying :cool:
:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::eek::eek::eek::eek::oops::oops::oops::oops::oops:
pumice:mad:
:D:rolleyes:(sorry for biting yer shit Lance):(:(:confused:o_Oo_O:p

Top Bottom