Freebie

Chopsie

Shohin
Reaction score
Hi all
I thought now that the tree is bare I’d start asking for some feedback in regards to the branch structure or lack of
Here’s a image of the tree

64A0F68B-3CAC-4187-A281-607D237F2E9F.jpeg

BobbyLane

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
Looks like a few of those branches need to be cut back for taper. its a lovely shape but the branches are taperless. a few you might want to let grow and thicken before trimming back.

Chopsie

Shohin
Reaction score
Looks like a few of those branches need to be cut back for taper. its a lovely shape but the branches are taperless. a few you might want to let grow and thicken before trimming back.
Totally agree
This summer I will decide on what is being kept and what to remove.
I have a idea but tbh the tree has no structure at all .
It’s all good though because I can create the tree I want
Just nervous about the decision I will have to make!!
Here’s the tree in its new pot

2598702D-C109-4F1D-8642-7E45FB87F4DA.jpeg

BobbyLane

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
it has basic branch structure. there is enough there to set the primary lines with wire. you could arrange them with wire. up n out, then do the cut back mid summer and get another flush, then wire again in winter. thats what i would do. but i dont mess around though
some of the higher ones might be too thick to get movement in now so they could probably be cut back instead for taper and movement. wire the low ones

Chopsie

Shohin
Reaction score
it has basic branch structure. there is enough there to set the primary lines with wire. you could arrange them with wire. up n out, then do the cut back mid summer and get another flush, then wire again in winter. thats what i would do. but i dont mess around though
some of the higher ones might be too thick to get movement in now so they could probably be cut back instead for taper and movement. wire the low ones
I’m going to try and get to the guy I have my tuition with, I’m just not confident about the direction it needs to go in

Chopsie

Shohin
Reaction score
Hi all
Over the last few weeks maybe months I decided to have a go at restyling the Deshojo
firstly I pruned everything back tight to the trunk line.
I then waited for the new growth to burst
Today I thinned out again to what I intend to keep for now
Here’s a few pictures

23DD93B0-5CFA-4A3E-9DCE-2ADD1262B061.jpeg8B0EB667-6A40-4DA2-8A4C-1BC14FBE2FC9.jpegE05FBEA0-7069-44AE-A474-615FA23A5ED4.jpegDA1C42DB-CA67-4CE5-9603-F2296AC06D75.jpegI’m going to let the main leader grow out now to try and improve taper, then cut back and so on

Top Bottom