Freezing--can spraying or misting help

crust

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
3A
Its going to get down to 25-28 degrees and I have too amy trees to run them all in the green house plus I have a sciatica attack going on. If I went out during the hours of freezing and misted or sprayed would this thwart injury?

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I'd use a fan like California.

Sorce

davetree

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I think you have to spray continuously during the freezing times for it to work. If I were you I would hire a couple of teenagers to move your trees.

Dav4

Drop Branch Murphy
Reaction score
SE MI- Bonsai'd for 12 years both MA and N GA
USDA Zone
6a
I think you have to spray continuously during the freezing times for it to work. If I were you I would hire a couple of teenagers to move your trees.
This...though how about using a sprinkler if the trees can't be moved? If it's only going to be below freezing for a few hours, that might work, though 25F is pretty cold.

Reaction score
USDA Zone
9b
Can you cover & put a string of Christmas lights around them? Use the old version that give off heat, not the LED ones.

Wires_Guy_wires

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
We use oil lamps, those breaky-thingies you put in your winter gloves that produce chemical heat, encased candles, and for everything lower than -2°C we spray water.

A barbecue would last through the night as well, toss some unannealed wire on it and you'll hit two rocks with one bird.

JudyB

Queen of the Nuts
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
This...though how about using a sprinkler if the trees can't be moved? If it's only going to be below freezing for a few hours, that might work, though 25F is pretty cold.
I wonder if sprinkling with a warm water source on a timer 15 minutes in every half hour would work. Sorry to hear David, I know your adversary sciatica, it's almost impossible to do what you are needing to do.

Top Bottom