From pot to training box

Krone

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
Have just received the info from a bonsai pro from my county and he recommended me the mix of Pumice/Akadama, 80/20.

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
@Microscopic, thank you for being sensible, I will attempt to define.....

Starts unsure, and has my opinion, which is true.
I don't know how often them fellers water 100% pumice but it's not a great solo for me.

Now the OP can say to himself, find out who them fellers are, how much they water, and watch out because even with this information, it may still be a poor soloil. Or if you water the same, it could be excellent.

Can I coin Soloil as a single soil? 😉🤞🧘

Starts off unsure again. Betting is the act of identifying you may be wrong and taking the risk.
And I'd even bet it actually sucks, we just go off one or 2 exceptional instances to say it's good.
We do go off one instance, the instance that it works for Randy Knight's collected trees.
Ok that's small, but it's a part of the bet I could be wrong about.

Unfortunately, selling shit for no other reason than to make money is something that plagues our society. So this is included as a warning to NOT invest all your soil$ on pumice, as it may not be the miracle we think.
Someone is just trying to sell pumice.

I don't actually believe that, but the OP, and everyone, should question everything.

Of the Acer Amur, I understand the value of the information you seek, and the OP is welcome to ask. I however, stated that, in response to a third thread by the OP. I only need him to know that repotting, (not too early, but AT ALL) a tree that broke buds early, is completely unnecessary in almost every instance. I know that IS what killed the tree, Not sure of the circumstances surrounding it, or that without them the tree would have lived.

I check boxes. That box is checked.

NEVER REPOT A TREE THAT BROKE BUDS EARLY.

It's like....it's like.....

Coating yourself in honey and hunting Bear caves naked in late Winter.

I believe, how I get to the places I check boxes at is unorthodox, but the final practices aren't too unorthodox. IMO.

(Triple thread graft noted.)

Sorce

Top Bottom