From Seed Division: Jet's Canary Island Pine and Jeffrey Pine Forest

Bu-Jetjet

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7B
Hello everyone,

I am entering 14 seedlings (10 Jeffrey pines, and 4 Canary Island pines) I planted back in February 14, 2021.
Below is the link of my previous post:
https://www.bonsainut.com/threads/local-pines-spring-2021.49680/

Photos are from this past weekend. I plan on repotting them during the week, and will update/post photos again once they are repotted.
1.jpg

Very excited to see if all will make it by December 31, 2029 (and beyond?)

2.jpg

Bu-Jetjet

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7B
Darn it! I forgot to take photos of the 4 canary-island pines when I did the repot. I will post for record-keeping when I get home.
6.jpg

Bu-Jetjet

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7B
Update on the repotting of these guys.
So far, all 4 of the Canary-Island Pines are staying strong.
The Jeffrey Pine cluster is staying strong as well. I'm tempted to break up that particular group... but maybe later down the road.
10.jpg 11.jpg

Bu-Jetjet

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7B
These guys definitely grew tall this past year. Now, the Jeffreys are past the grow box. The Canary-Islanders are getting thicker.
IMG_7223.jpg IMG_7225.jpg IMG_7226.jpg

Kanorin

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Very cool. I do love pine forests in nature and wonder why we don't see more bonsai pine forests in the U.S.

Zelrod

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9b
Very cool material! Looking forward to seeing them styled in the future!

HorseloverFat

Squarepants with Conkers
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
Very cool. I do love pine forests in nature and wonder why we don't see more bonsai pine forests in the U.S.

I've noticed, in general, the new construction of coniferous forests is in short supply.

It may have to do with the time and intent it takes to develop each conifer with realistic taper... Like I noticed that in a great deal of, even famous Hon Non Bo.. LESS attention is paid to the development of the trees inhabiting the planting..

Or... Maybe it's hard to WORK on a bonsai forest, that never loses it's foliage.

Top Bottom