Frost this weekend in Va.

rockm

Spuds Moyogi
Reaction score
USDA Zone
The forecast for this coming Sunday morning has frost in it, particularly for those out in the Blue Ridge and along the Va. W.Va. frontier. It's a little early this year, compared to the last few years...Just a heads-up if you have tropicals out, no need to move other trees in. Light Frost will do deciduous and conifers some good.

Underdog

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Us too in Ohio about 2 weeks early. 39 tonight 33 Saturday

Mikecheck123

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
Thanks. Starting my second winter in VA and I'm taking fewer chances this time. :)

Carol 83

Flower Girl
Reaction score
We have frost warnings as well for Saturday morning. I'm not ready to move the trops in yet, but may have to.

19Mateo83

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
I went ahead and started my migration early, temps are starting to dip in the 40’s here and I don’t wanna risk it. I decided to get a tent for everyone this year, hopefully there’s enough room in a 24x28 for the whole family through the winter. It should be here in a few days 😁
F8DB6323-BDAD-4BC9-9155-C8B163C3DC10.jpeg

Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
I went ahead and started my migration early, temps are starting to dip in the 40’s here and I don’t wanna risk it. I decided to get a tent for everyone this year, hopefully there’s enough room in a 24x28 for the whole family through the winter. It should be here in a few days 😁
View attachment 458082
That "thick booty" ficus is bringing all the boys to the yard. Nice, german Sheppard pics & plants. Put a shirt on. :)

vp999

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7A
Im in MD near DC and no frost in the forecast yet, This exact date last year I was still fishing shirtless in the Chesapeake Bay lol.

19Mateo83

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
That "thick booty" ficus is bringing all the boys to the yard. Nice, german Sheppard pics & plants.
The one on the left is Hugo, my current companion, and Airy is on the right, he passed about 7 years ago. I love my German shepherds like I love my “thick booty” ficus 😂 My anaconda don't want none unless you got buns, hun🤣🤣

Paradox

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Yea I've had an inkling that we might be in for an early fall. No frost warnings here yet but I'm sure north of me will. They already have had one.

Night temps are predicted to dip into the high 40s this weekend. Was thinking of moving the tropicals in a week earlier than planned just to be safe.

Top Bottom