Frost vs my plants

Rivian

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
My Pseudocydonia is ignoring Winter, no coloration but I dont think the green leaves even take frost damage unless its quite harsh. I guess I messed up its growing cycle by having it in limbo for much of 2021s growing season
Chinese Elms were replanted in late Summer/ early Autumn, then some growth that still hasnt hardened and might not until next year. No coloration, no significant frost damage yet either. Im sure theyre not as tough as the Pseudocydonia though. Ive learned there are different kinds, I guess the nothern kind is better suited for deciduous life in my region. Dont know which I have. Curious how theyll handle this Winter
Arakawa cutting has partly gone through the fall cycle but unripe leaves at the tip wont go, considering plucking them off
Pomegranate still has some reddish twigs, also had a messed up growing period. No leaves. Hasnt seen frost yet but I think Ill set it outside in a spot that gets some warmth from the house
First Winter for Lagerstroemia too, we shall see what happens. First frost dropped all remaining leaves

Tieball

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Sounds like you’ll just await spring and see what happens. Is your winter season generally November through March? Different?

Rivian

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
We can get frost that can really throw plants off until mid May. My deshojo and other maples took great damage because they lose frost hardiness as soon as the sap starts flowing. I contacted guy maillot because it seemed like fungus but he said its frost damage and thousands of his maples were hit as well

Rivian

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Pseudocydonias evergreen again. Dont know if there was too much fert in the raised bed theyre in, but there certainly was growth when my other plants were done for the year.
Not happy with this

InstilledChaos

Yamadori
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
Pseudocydonias evergreen again. Dont know if there was too much fert in the raised bed theyre in, but there certainly was growth when my other plants were done for the year.
Not happy with this
Pseudocydonia are weird plants. Mine regularly keep a few newer leaves all winter, even in complete darkness. They also start budding out in February, way before everything else. They are completely happy to be schizophrenic, and have suffered no ill consequences for 3 years running.

Mike Corazzi

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9b
Try exposing them to your avatar. That might make them hot.

Top Bottom