Frozen Lime Sulfer

Dan W.

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Can anyone tell me if it hurts lime sulfer to freeze? I would like to order some but if freezing during shipment will ruine it I will wait until spring since I won't use it until then anyway.

Dan W.

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Thanks Bill,
I asked the question on that thread as well because I saw that there was already a discussion on lime sulfer, after I had already asked here.

Thanks for your reply though.

Dan

jk_lewis

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7-8
It probably will crystallize as it freezes, but that should undo itself as the bottle warms up. Your biggest concern may be with the bottle. Many liquids expand when frozen, and that may burst the bottle it comes in.

I know it gets cold in Wyoming, but does your mail have time to freeze?

rockm

Spuds Moyogi
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I left mine out in the weather for a good six years. It is in a glass cough medicine bottle. During that time, it faced temps as low as 0 F. It didn't freeze--at all. No crystallization, no nothing. Remained liquid as far as I could tell. The bottle remained intact.
I wouldn't recommend doing the same though, simply because plastic containers or plastic tops will deteriorate quicky if exposed for prolonger periods of sunlight. UV radiation breaks plastics down. I just wouldn't worry too much if you forgot the bottle over a winter, or two...

Dan W.

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Thanks guys, I may not need to worry about it freezing at all then. And it should be fine in shipping.

I have had things show up frozen before but I'm not sure why that is...they might have left it on a truck over night or something.

I certainly won't leave it out over winter here because we usually hit -35 several times a winter and can have weeks where it doesn't rise above 0.

edprocoat

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
It does not freeze? DAMN, I was hoping to make a popsicle out of some of it as it smells so yummy....

ed

Top Bottom