Fukien Bonsai

Karjef

Seedling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
My Fukien Bonsai is 8 years old. I repotted it for the first time this past fall. I know they don't
like to be moved but I had to move it to another room for the holidays. My bonsai has been
looses it's leaves like crazy. On previous thread I read how a clear or white plastic bag acts as
a little hot house for it. It worked last year but now my plant is very unhappy. It's very
cold here in NJ. I hope it makes it. Any other suggestions?

Thanks

just.wing.it

Deadwood Head
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6B
8 years, have you had any issues in the last 8 years.. ?
The room change must have a significant temp, light or humidity difference...
Is it indoors year round?

Littlejoe919

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b?
Fukiens will pout if the wind shifts, that's just who they are. I thought I had killed mine when I repotted it. With time, it came back fine. Best thing you can do is to get use to the pouting. That's mostly what they do. Still like mine, even if I've taken it to work (inside) so it can decide if it wants to live or die. I'll take care of it just the same.

just.wing.it

Deadwood Head
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6B
That's mostly what they do.
I have been hearing that from everyone.
I haven't had the same experience so far.
Mine's just fine, actually I've never seen a leaf on it turn yellow, my only problem was white mealy bugs, but that was an easy one to tackle.
Guess I got a strong one!

three4rd

Mame
Reaction score
My Fukien Bonsai is 8 years old. I repotted it for the first time this past fall. I know they don't
like to be moved but I had to move it to another room for the holidays. My bonsai has been
looses it's leaves like crazy. On previous thread I read how a clear or white plastic bag acts as
a little hot house for it. It worked last year but now my plant is very unhappy. It's very
cold here in NJ. I hope it makes it. Any other suggestions?

Thanks

I also have a fukien that is dropping leaves as I reported in a different thread. I guess I should start getting used to the idea that these are a bit finicky and quickly show you when they are unhappy for some reason. Apparently it's not quite like growing an ironclad plant like a philodendron or similar that is almost impossible to kill.

Top Bottom