Fukien Tea Black spots & leaves yellowing

power270lb

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
Seriously no idea. I've read a ton of threads where people complain about the Fukien. I've sprayed with neem oil, just wondering if the tree is sick and if I should isolate it. Most of the leaves look green/yellow not dark green like when I first got it. It gets a ton of light and it's in a mostly organic mixture of Diatomaceous Earth, pumice, Lava rock and some pine bark. I have a skewer in to see moisture level and compared to other trees this stays moist longer. I water maybe twice a week so I'm wondering if it's under watered. Any feedback I appreciate.

Attachments

• PXL_20210430_125615315.jpg
    PXL_20210430_125615315.jpg
    170.8 KB · Views: 23

Forsoothe!

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
At the bottom of this tread are no less than five threads listed on the same topic since March 31st. That should tell you why FT is THE most troublesome tree in the history of mankind.

power270lb

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
At the bottom of this tread are no less than five threads listed on the same topic since March 31st. That should tell you why FT is THE most troublesome tree in the history of mankind.
Tree is f*cking annoying dude. I now have 20+ and this is the only one (aside from an elm for about a month) that's given me any trouble. None of the leaves are dark green, why is this? Am I underwatering? If it was u and 90% inorganic and 10% organic under 3 spider farmer SF-1000s enclosed in mylar how often would you water?

Forsoothe!

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
Welcome to the club. Water it in the same manner that you do all the others in the same conditions and it may recover.

power270lb

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
Welcome to the club. Water it in the same manner that you do all the others in the same conditions and it may recover.
Could it be black spot disease? Neem oil enough or is there something else?

Forsoothe!

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
Not Black Spot, looks mouldy, just watch for now and put outside in dappled shade when your nights stay above 50°F.

power270lb

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
Not Black Spot, looks mouldy, just watch for now and put outside in dappled shade when your nights stay above 50°F.
So turns out I think I was heavily underwatering. I've watered daily since and it'll drop maybe a leaf a day but the foliage went from green/yellow to dark green.

Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
Tree is f*cking annoying dude. I now have 20+ and this is the only one (aside from an elm for about a month) that's given me any trouble. None of the leaves are dark green, why is this? Am I underwatering? If it was u and 90% inorganic and 10% organic under 3 spider farmer SF-1000s enclosed in mylar how often would you water?
How is the tree doing?

power270lb

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
How is the tree doing?
Funny you ask. I moved to a location with a backyard and amazing sun from 10-7. All my trees flourished, so much insane growth. I'm in NYC area so just moved my tropicals inside. Weather is annoying right now, 80 in the day but 45 some nights. Fukien has been inside 3 days and it's half yellow with some brown leaves. I have 3 strong grow lights that were great and my trees grew but omg the sun. I wish I was in Florida. I knew there'd be a transition to inside but this is crazy.

Top Bottom