Fukien tea disease?

AussieBonsai

Yamadori
Reaction score
Hi all. Apologies if this has been covered, but havent been able to find a similar example on the threads. My Fukien tea is showing ruat coloured markings on its leaves. I've adjusted watering and dont believe its ferts related, and so does anyone recognise this as a fungus or disease? The picture below hopwfulky shows the progression. I've looked at the roots and dont see signs of rot, which I thought could have also been an option?20210403_080637.jpg

AussieBonsai

Yamadori
Reaction score
Here is another photo which shows the problem better. Any help is much appreciated! 20210404_104736.jpg

AussieBonsai

Yamadori
Reaction score
I think I have found the culprit.. Neem Oil. The mix may have been to strong. At least thats all I can guess at

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I think I have found the culprit.. Neem Oil. The mix may have been to strong. At least thats all I can guess at

The distribution seems to match.

Sorry, when I saw this thread Friday I was just like...."yeah...sure!", But figured it was regular Fukien problems.

Did yours already do the whole, drop all it's leaves thing?

Sorce

AussieBonsai

Yamadori
Reaction score
No, the leaves havent dropped, which I think again points to foliar burn. Bit of a pain, as I seem to have never ending issues with this species, even though I'm in the tropics myself

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
No dosage works too!

Blast em with the hose....into fire!

Sorce

Firstflush

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
3-4
If you applied neem with the sun out.......no bueno. Magnified.

Top Bottom