Fukien Tea sick but flowering

Oleg

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6A
Hi,
I have a Tea Tree that has not been doing well for 2- 3 months, yellow leaves, lost a lot of leaves, no growth. Now it starts flowering? Is that normal?

Thanks Chris

jk_lewis

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7-8
Yes. Normal, BUT ailing trees often try to bloom and set seed. It is Ma Nature's way of trying to perpetuate the genes of that tree before it dies.

Oleg

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6A
S*#t!

I was affraid of something like that! Thats the second time you've helped me today.

Thanks

Chris

steve27

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6-7
Hate to say it but i hate frukien trees

I have two one is doing good and is outside, the other over the winter droped all of it's leaves
and is also outside but very slow to recover ,not sure if it's going to make it. have know idear
whats going on with it.
i feel bad because it was a gift.
they are VERY FUSSY TREES!

Oleg

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6A
Yes my son gave me mine five years ago and never a problem, this winter was great, around march it starts yellowing. It had been repotted once before but had not bare rooted, I finally repotted in DE, and found the roots were really under developed. Now I try to do as little as possible, it is still inside from the winter because if I increase the light level the leaves yellow. I gave it a weak fertilizer dip after the last watering because it is growing and in DE. ???
Chris

Oleg

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6A
I have just noticed with a magnifying glass that it is also putting out leaves, they are yellowish green, time to try outside? Should I pinch out the flowers, I had been all last year on advice from Bonsai4me, what do you think?

Chris

steve27

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6-7
I have just noticed with a magnifying glass that it is also putting out leaves, they are yellowish green, time to try outside? Should I pinch out the flowers, I had been all last year on advice from Bonsai4me, what do you think?

Chris

yes i would move it outside . It has a better chance of suvival. And hope for the best!
good luck! I hope mine pulls thru too we will see;)

steve27

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6-7

Chris

yes i would move it outside . It has a better chance of suvival. And hope for the best!
good luck! I hope mine pulls thru too we will see;)

Top Bottom