Fukien Tea Tree - Dead or alive? Help?!

dzyne101

Seed
Reaction score
Greetings all!
Any bonsai medics here????!! I'm a newbie and I obviously care for my bonsai tree, hence opening an account and posting a thread for some helpful advice.
1608507795229.png

Graft

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
Hi, welcome to the forum.

To be honest it looks dead to me. Scratch a bit of the bark off if you see green then it is still alive. Where do you keep it, and whereabouts do you live. This has a major influence on the health of your tree. Fukien tea trees are not the easiest of bonsais to keep healthy. I don't know an awful lot about them, but someone on here will be an expert. I am sure you will get the answers you are looking for.

dzyne101

Seed
Reaction score
Thank you for your reply. Where's the best area to scratch the bark? At the bottom? I live in the San Francisco bay area. I keep it indoors by the window.

dzyne101

Seed
Reaction score
Not sure how deep to scratch, but scraped the outer bark and a little of the what's underneath close to the base of the tree. Feels moist, since I continue to water it, but the color is brown not green ☹️1608509783717.png

Carol 83

Flower Girl
Reaction score
When at first you don't succeed, try, try again. Looks like it's done for unfortunately. Don't be discouraged, they are fickle little trees. If you want an indoor tree, get a ficus, they are much more forgiving. And to facilitate the best advice, add your general location to your profile. Welcome!

Top Bottom