Fukien tea tree dying

Meowgi256

Seed
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
Hi,

I have a forest of 3 fukien tea trees. As can be seen in the photos, one is suffering greatly. I have recently moved location and it is colder in the room than it should be, but the fact that the other two trees are doing well seems to suggest that that may not be the problem. Is anyone able to advise me as to what is wrong and how to fix it? I have attached photos for reference. TIA

Attachments

• 20210422_202936.jpg
    20210422_202936.jpg
    175.3 KB · Views: 19
  • 20210422_202951.jpg
    20210422_202951.jpg
    143.8 KB · Views: 19

Forsoothe!

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
Growing seasons around the world vary widely and it is difficult to get a perspective on what someone says when we don't know where in the world they are. If you go to the upper right hand corner and click on your Icon, you can add your location and people will be able to customize advice for you.

<<<<< It will show here.

Forsoothe!

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
You need to tell us more about the history of these trees and what you have done in the past year, or so.

Meowgi256

Seed
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
You need to tell us more about the history of these trees and what you have done in the past year, or so.
Will try to add my location (UK). I've had the tree 2/3 months, but in that time I've moved location which could cause some issues. The temperature is a little lower here, as much as I'm trying to get the heating to work! I'm just a little confused as to why one would be struggling but not the others - which actually have new growth. I wait until it is dry and then leave it in water until air bubbles stop appearing, and I fertilise every 2 weeks. It is in a well lit area but not above a heat source.

Forsoothe!

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
So the planting is as purchased and unchanged. It should have good light next to a window, but not too much direct, hot sun like in a SSW facing window in a sunny climate (which ain't in England). Water should not be left to pool in the drip tray. It should cycle between wet, dry, wet, dry, regularly without getting bone dry. Feeding is normally done more often in the growing season than during the quiet season. You can tell the difference by the amount of new buds present, more in spring and summer, less in autumn, almost none in winter.

If you go to the upper right hand corner and click on your Icon, you can add your location and people will be able to customize advice for you. In the bar at the top of the B’Nut page you are on are four symbols: right to left is a magnifying glass for searching; a bell for the number of notices for you; a letter for the number of private messages for you; and your logo where all your preferences are accessible. If you left click on your logo you can see “ Account Details”. Left click on that and you can scroll down to location and enter as specifically or generally as you like. Please add your growing zone, too.

Top Bottom