Fukien Tea Tree issue.

Reaction score
Hey everyone, I just got into Bonsai and have had one for 3 weeks. I’ve been having a fungus gnat problem and saw online to put a Mason jar of Vinegar beside it and the gnats would be attracted to it. well I was out of town this week and just got back and was informed that my mother thought She was supposed to water the plant with this vinegar. My question is how do I restore the ph Balance it do I just water it with alkelized water maybe?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    247.1 KB · Views: 36

KiwiPlantGuy

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9a
Hey everyone, I just got into Bonsai and have had one for 3 weeks. I’ve been having a fungus gnat problem and saw online to put a Mason jar of Vinegar beside it and the gnats would be attracted to it. well I was out of town this week and just got back and was informed that my mother thought She was supposed to water the plant with this vinegar. My question is how do I restore the ph Balance it do I just water it with alkelized water maybe?

Hi, I am not 100% on this but you could try Baking Soda.
Welcome to the site and good luck :)
Charles

Zach Smith

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Did the tree actually survive the vinegar "watering"? Just water thoroughly with your regular city water. The pH of your water should be over 8 as it comes out of the tap. Water pretty frequently for the first day, then a couple times a day after.

Top Bottom