Fukien Tea

afc13

Seed
Reaction score
So I have had this tree for about a month now. It seems very healthy but about 5 leaves a day turn yellow and I touch them and they fall off. I am using the Bonsai Pro liquid fertilizer in the water to encourage growth. I use this mix every time I water which is usually every 5 or 6 days. I think the soil might be compacted because of how long I can wait to water it. Does it need to be repotted? I am going to put less of the fertilizer in the water to see if it is that. Is there anything I am doing wrong or is it normal for a few leaves to turn yellow and fall off?

A picture I took today is attached (Sorry the picture is on its side). About 5 leaves were yellow and fell off today.

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    188.4 KB · Views: 59
Last edited:

larlamonde

Shohin
Reaction score
afc I have one of these and this it typical behavior. This tree puts out new leaves all the time. If it looks generaly healthy I would not worry.

afc13

Seed
Reaction score
Ok I wasn't sure if I should be or not. I had a fukien tea for a year (before I went abroad and my family forgot to water it) and it never did this. Thank you!!!

KennedyMarx

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Is that a top dressing or the actual soil? If it's in dirt I wouldn't feed it at every watering.

afc13

Seed
Reaction score

It's the actual soil

Top Bottom