Full Circle Rectangles For Your Triangles

anon user

Yamadori
Reaction score
@source If I did it right (personally history says no), I just sent you a PM asking about the pots in posts 31, 37 and 38.

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9 x 6 3/4 x 1 3/4.
Unglazed with an inward lip darkened with river clay and wood ash.
This has a rough texture and a bit of directional ..... bits!
$90

View attachment 262826

View attachment 262827

View attachment 262828

View attachment 262829

View attachment 262830

Sorce
5 1/4 x 4 1/2 x 1 1/4.
This is one of two that didn't make it into that box to Tennessee.
Sporting the only double striped foot and a wicked finish, it's rectangle enough!
$50
View attachment 262849

View attachment 262850

View attachment 262851

View attachment 262852

Sorce

4 x 3 1/2 x 1 1/4.
This thin, 1/8th inch slab built joint offers a lot of volume in a small pot.
Matte and Gloss Blues to contrast Small Accents.
$40

View attachment 262819

View attachment 262818

View attachment 262820

View attachment 262821

Sorce

No longer available.

You folks are the best!

Thank you kindly!

Sorce

Tieball

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
I like the pot shape on that first photo shown...the one with the rock. Well done. But...Just not big enough for the needs of my trees. Nice development of the colors. Really.....Mighty fine!

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I like the pot shape on that first photo shown...the one with the rock. Well done. But...Just not big enough for the needs of my trees. Nice development of the colors. Really.....Mighty fine!

Thank you Fully!

Sorce

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone

M. Frary

Bonsai Godzilla
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Nice work brother!
I am so proud to be the owner of a few early SP's!!!
I have 4.
They're staying here with me forever.
Leo just gave me a cool glazed one at our show.
It's a drippy brass color rectangle.
I'll get a picture of it.
I'll probably never use it though.
Glazed pots don't seem to like cold.

anon user

Yamadori
Reaction score
@source If I did it right (personally history says no), I just sent you a PM asking about the pots in posts 31, 37 and 38.

Received today...all in good order!

I bought the red rectangle specifically for a bald cypress I got on sale for $15 at Lowes a couple of months ago. All I've done with it so far is to slip pot it from the nursery pot that was almost out of soil into a slightly larger pot with no drain holes. It'll continue to sit there til spring now. What I can see of the nebari is promising but we'll see better in the spring. It might be a couple of years before I can get it into the pot since I would like it to get some lower branching and perhaps a new leader since this trunk is ram-rod straight for this small a pot.

The other option is I have some seed grown dawn redwoods that are currently a couple years old. They need another 2+ years to get the trunk thickness I would want for this pot, but they have nicer trunk lines for this size. Not much nebari on them yet though either :(

Might be a race to see what's ready first! Baldies and dawnies are pretty interchangeable and either would give the asthetic I thought of when I first saw this pot :)

20190923_175236.jpg20190923_175248.jpg20190923_175327.jpg

The others I just couldn't pass up because I really enjoy the more whimsical styles! Nothing planned for them yet...

And I just love this "extra"!

20190923_175530.jpg

I'm wracking my brain trying to come up with something treeish *I* can keep alive at that scale though! I can think of a couple of miniature orchids that I no longer have in my collection that would've worked nicely. I've also got access to some succulents that I know I could keep alive near that small but even they might overpower the back some. Trees I've had trouble with at that scale! I have a tiny trident at the moment, but it's foliage suffered greatly this year and I'm not sure it will survive the winter :( If you ever do something like that again but with a 5-6" bowl...maybe in a grey...I might be interested ;)

Anyway, I never say much til I've said too much...

Thanks again @source!!! Really appreciate your work :D

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Never
!

There is info in there!

I really like the BC idea, since the pot is not technically "unglazed" but not really glazed either.
What better than a Deciduous conifer!?

The only thing I have that will scale down to that size, and I think have enough roots in there is Blue Rug or shimpaku Juniper.
I'm attempting one next year.

Though the directionality of the pot makes it good for an accent.

Thanks for the Note!

Sorce

Brian Boville

Seedling
Reaction score
Love these...looking for a speckled green finish that reminds me of my other hobby...trout fishing...heck, or speckled like a cutt or rainbow. Anyways...love your work!

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Love these...looking for a speckled green finish that reminds me of my other hobby...trout fishing...heck, or speckled like a cutt or rainbow. Anyways...love your work!

From the moment this pot from post #7 came out of the kiln I have thought it looked troutish.

I didn't post a lip pic because it was out of focus or something, apologies this one isn't the greatest but have a see.

20190925_112100.jpg

20190925_112119.jpg

Just the lip top. Where it looks really good is quite minimal to be honest, but pretty still.
Soriginal!

Sorce

Brian Boville

Seedling
Reaction score
OOOOOhhh nice..got a side shot/profile on that one...love what I see. I know our pots are supposed to be boring outdoors for the most part, but I like some variety. What size is that one, Sorce?

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
What size is that one,
Thanks!

Click that #7 👆!

It's there!

Sorce

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score