Full Corn Moon

AZbonsai

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
@sorce
Whats it mean as far as working bonsai sorce? Do you have any bonsai/moon tips?
Anyone else into moon phases and bonsai chime in. I am interested.

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
@HorseloverFat recently posted a picture of the schedule in a book. Says don't Repot ON the Full Moon, says the day before is ok, and the couple weeks after.

I repotted my Smoke tree, 4 elms of different leaf out and rootwork levels, a Maple and a juniper on these days a couple moons ago (summer) and they are doing well.

Still haven't had a Repot fail like this.

Sorce

AZbonsai

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Says don't Repot ON the Full Moon, says the day before is ok, and the couple weeks after.
Good to know. I know the phases of the moon have played a role in agriculture for 1000's of years for many different cultures. The Old Farmers Almanac still going strong is a great source for this. Speaking of which, the almanac predicting very cold winter this year for most of the country....start getting your john's ready.

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
very cold winter this year

I can see that. Does it say anything about when? I feel the trees telling me it's going to be late.

Sorce

AZbonsai

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I can see that. Does it say anything about when? I feel the trees telling me it's going to be late.

Sorce
"The coldest conditions are expected to arrive during the last week of January and stick around through the beginning of February.
The eastern half of the US will have a suspenseful start in 2020. The Farmers' Almanac predicts strong and gusty winds. Depending on where you live, January 4-7 and 12-15 could have "copious amounts" of snow, rain, sleet and ice." CNN report.

rockm

Spuds Moyogi
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Um, the titles "corn moon" and "harvest moon" really have nothing to do with mystical plan growth cycles. The are used because the light the full moons in Autumn extend the workday for the harvest...

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
light the full moons in Autumn extend the workday for the harvest...

That sounds mystical! There is still a period of darkness that our eyes need to adjust to, so unless they would eat dinner, then go back out to work at night, it wouldn't really extend the work day.

Sorce

Carol 83

Flower Girl
Reaction score
That sounds mystical! There is still a period of darkness that our eyes need to adjust to, so unless they would eat dinner, then go back out to work at night, it wouldn't really extend the work day.

Sorce
Most farm machinery, combines, ect. have lights now.;)

Carol 83

Flower Girl
Reaction score
How farmers can afford them shits that are nicer than any vehicle I have ever owned is also mystical!

Sorce
Large bank loans....

rockm

Spuds Moyogi
Reaction score
USDA Zone

Sorce
What? If you're outside working in the field your eyes adjust with the light as it lessens.... It does indeed extend the work day.

Mayank

Chumono
Reaction score
How farmers can afford them shits that are nicer than any vehicle I have ever owned is also mystical!

Sorce
Govt subsidies? I had a friend whose parents were rose "farmers" and said they got a lot of money from the govt.

Carol 83

Flower Girl
Reaction score
Govt subsidies? I had a friend whose parents were rose "farmers" and said they got a lot of money from the govt.
Some yes, certainly more than I get from the govt.

AZbonsai

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
And auto steer.
I took a tour of a John Deere distributor in the Valley and they showed us all the bells and whistles on modern farming equipment. That is one reason why 5G is going to be a game changer for rural America. Farmers put a virtual fence around their fields and are notified if any of their equipment rolls off the farm.

Carol 83

Flower Girl
Reaction score
I took a tour of a John Deere distributor in the Valley and they showed us all the bells and whistles on modern farming equipment. That is one reason why 5G is going to be a game changer for rural America. Farmers put a virtual fence around their fields and are notified if any of their equipment rolls off the farm.
Very cool. We're not there yet around here. I was talking to one of the guys I work with today and apparently you enter the field dimensions in, but someone still has to be in the cab to turn at the end of a row. He also told me a guy he knew fell asleep and the vehicle went out of the field, across a ditch and onto a highway, lol.

Top Bottom