fungicides for Needle Cast

cquinn

Shohin
Reaction score
Is it possible to use too much fungicide (copper base), and actually hurt a JBP. I've got a JBP that's got a bad case of Needle Cast, and I've sprayed it but I'm concerned that in my enthusiasm to get rid of the cast I may be going overboard with the fungicide.

Thanks!

Reaction score
USDA Zone
I had my first bout with needlecast on both my JBP's this year. It got quite advance before I cought it. I use Draconil by the directions for pines every 3 weeks during the damp season. I noticed a HUGE improvement. They are now growing like they should and a deep rich green.

I have copper fungicide but I decided not to use it during the growing season. The Draconil works very well.

R_F

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I had my first bout with needlecast on both my JBP's this year. It got quite advance before I cought it. I use Draconil by the directions for pines every 3 weeks during the damp season. I noticed a HUGE improvement. They are now growing like they should and a deep rich green.

I have copper fungicide but I decided not to use it during the growing season. The Draconil works very well.

Where do you get Draconil?

waltr1

Yamadori
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
I don't know about copper base fungicides since I use Daconil that contains Chlorothalonil as the active ingredient to prevent needle cast. I apply this every one-two weeks from early June to August on all my two needle pines and haven't seen any adverse affects.

Ryan,
I get Daconil at the local garden center. Daconil is a name brand but there are other makes with the same active ingredient. Look and read labels or google it and order on-line.

walt r

Last edited:

R_F

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Thanks Waltr! :D

Bill S

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
Good info above, add in Orthenex I think, check for Waltr's ingrediants.

Be aware that there are differing types of needle cast, some require specific chemical treatments.

Top Bottom