Fungus amongus!

penumbra

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I had many different types of shrooms growing everywhere this week, A few where in bonsai pots, some in houseplants , others in much, garden, gravel etc.
I am always very happy to see them.

JesusFreak

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8B
Is mushrooms bad in a bonsai pot? I don’t know why I thought it was beneficial

Dav4

Drop Branch Murphy
Reaction score
SE MI- Bonsai'd for 12 years both MA and N GA
USDA Zone
6a
Is mushrooms bad in a bonsai pot? I don’t know why I thought it was beneficial
No, it’s fine coming from the soil, assuming you’ve got organics as part of your mix. I’d be concerned when the mushrooms are actually growing from the tree itself.

AlainK

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9A
As long as they grow from the soil I'd say it's a good sign : mycorrhizae (never know how to spell it) are essential to the tree health.

It's fungi that show on the upper parts of a tree (trunk, branches, leaves) that are harmful. On the contrary, mushrooms in the soil most of the time show a very healthy soil. Good fungi, good bacteria, a soil that "lives"...

HorseloverFat

Squarepants with Conkers
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
I had some Gymnopilus species emerge from some dead spruce logs on my property... now they are everywhere! (Well.., on any decaying conifer wood in the area)

Notoriously bitter... and lower alkaloid levels lead to 5g dried for even moderate “viewing/learning”... soooo they fall under “not worth it” for collection.

Wires_Guy_wires

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
452130.jpg
I saw these a week ago.

I like fungi. Eversince I've inoculated my pines, I haven't found a single case of needlecast anymore.

A mulch layer made from pine bark has done wonders for my garden patch. In our entire backyard there were about 20 fruiting species, now it's over 40!

Wires_Guy_wires

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
View attachment 393280
I saw these a week ago.

I like fungi. Eversince I've inoculated my pines, I haven't found a single case of needlecast anymore.

A mulch layer made from pine bark has done wonders for my garden patch. In our entire backyard there were about 20 fruiting species, now it's over 40!
Oh, and yes, I plan on shipping pine-myc inoculated wood to whoever wants them next spring.
Inside of Europe that is.. Shipping and handling costs only. Send me a PM.
Hope to catch some juniper myc next year.
Freeze me some slants for worse times.

penumbra

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Are they growing on or near a beech tree?

penumbra

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
No, don't know my wild shrooms that well. They look tasty but they might be a bad one.

Top Bottom