Funky Jams for All! Post here!

Japonicus

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
BOTH destroyed my life
I'm sorry to hear you got caught up in the viscous cycle. It could have happened to me
save for a Higher Power. [That's all I'll say about me and that. Jr/Sr high kids are so vulnerable...]
(I know other groups are vulnerable too...that was my group)
I hope the hobby can fill this void, but it can only cover so much or go so far. Wishing you well...

HorseloverFat

Squarepants with Conkers
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
I'm sorry to hear you got caught up in the viscous cycle. It could have happened to me
save for a Higher Power. [That's all I'll say about me and that. Jr/Sr high kids are so vulnerable...]
(I know other groups are vulnerable too...that was my group)
I hope the hobby can fill this void, but it can only cover so much or go so far. Wishing you well...

I’m effectively “out”... it’s been damn near 5 years CLEAN. (I know that means nothing... addiction NEVER goes away)

Alcohol.. was MUCH harder...

But i’m 12.5 months DRY too... ;)

Thank you, never too many good wishes.
:)

Japonicus

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
^ if ya don't like the intro :p the tune is one of my faves by Neil
especially the studio version where he pronounces the H in Hollywood with a
slight rolling hacking sound.

Maybe not a Funky Jam, but a jam of a different age in time.
I love the story and vision in this song, and Johns music is very centered in my core.
I think I own more of his music than any other in my collection.

HorseloverFat

Squarepants with Conkers
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
^ if ya don't like the intro :p the tune is one of my faves by Neil
especially the studio version where he pronounces the H in Hollywood with a
slight rolling hacking sound.

Maybe not a Funky Jam, but a jam of a different age in time.
I love the story and vision in this song, and Johns music is very centered in my core.
I think I own more of his music than any other in my collection.

ABSOLUTELY! I’m so glad you said this... John Denver’s music is a TREASURE...

One of the most underrated artists in music’s history... in my opinion.

HorseloverFat

Squarepants with Conkers
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
I really learned to appreciate his music during my PCW “life”, which overlapped my “Shitfaced Functioning guy life”, embarrassingly enough.
One of the guys I took care of ONLY owned John Denver and Eric Clapton.. . But never got to listen to music because he was physically unable to put the records on...and his previous caretaker “thumped” Bibles hard enough that secular music was denied him.. but all he owned.

So when I began to take care of him, I casually asked if his stereo worked. So from then on... EVERY day, we listened. Every single song was tied to a part of his life.. his soul.

Japonicus

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
ABSOLUTELY! I’m so glad you said this... John Denver’s music is a TREASURE...

One of the most underrated artists in music’s history... in my opinion.
Has absolutely nothing to do with the State in the union I live (Country Roads),
but everything to do with my core and values. My 1st album was Windsong on 8-track
that lulled me to sleep often, Shipmates and Cheyenne in particular. Then there was Calypso too!!!
Man the dreams that were borne on that album in my life...

@HorseloverFat have you ever heard Erics soundtrack album to the movie RUSH?
Good movie on the drug scene, fantastic music.

HorseloverFat

Squarepants with Conkers
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
Has absolutely nothing to do with the State in the union I live (Country Roads),
but everything to do with my core and values. My 1st album was Windsong on 8-track
that lulled me to sleep often, Shipmates and Cheyenne in particular. Then there was Calypso too!!!
Man the dreams that were borne on that album in my life...

@HorseloverFat have you ever heard Erics soundtrack album to the movie RUSH?
Good movie on the drug scene, fantastic music.

I have not! But will look into after we get back.

Thank you.

HorseloverFat

Squarepants with Conkers
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
I’m gonna watch “the Man who Fell to Earth” tonight... it’s been too long.

Japonicus

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
I have not! But will look into after we get back.

Thank you.
this should be the album, but I highly recommend you buy it.
Relaxing, contemplative (meditative), and expansive. Love the digital explosiveness
and the clear faint tinkling of music props.

AlainK

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9A
Let Freedom ring : to us in Europe, the USA was, until a couple of years ago, a land of freedom.

Is "Freedom" the right to pay to tell lies and insult people in what should be a moment of making people work together to make everyone's life better, or is it now a TV show to promote the self-interests of a con man? I think that I should update my vision of a country that was once a beacon of Liberty. But, well, that's your problem.

Were I a US citizen, I could have voted for a Republican like late senator McCain for he was an honest man. I can't figure out how half the population can still support a lier, a crook, an idiot suggesting to take lethal products to cure a disease that he said would be gone by April. And changed his mind afterwards, but the more you repeat a lie, the more "people" believe you.

You're better than "that" :

I don't think that the policies of the USA will fundamentally change if you, the people, choose an honest man instead of a crook, but at least the rest of the world can hope that a new president will be more humane, less stupid, less self-centered, that he would think of his (her) fellow citizens before his money, his power.

Orion_metalhead

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Alain, rather than make this a political thread, Id be happy to explain to you what, ay least in my opinion, has changed in America over the past decade, because the common misconception is that it all has started with Trump. Thats not true. There has been a subtle shift in sentiment regarding what "Rights" are and what "Liberty" is.

America is still the land of the Free, the land of Liberty, the country it was intended to be when the founders signed our Independence; this is evident if you view our nation the way, I believe, they would view it were they alive.

AlainK

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9A
Alain, rather than make this a political thread, Id be happy to explain to you what, ay least in my opinion, has changed in America over the past decade, because the common misconception is that it all has started with Trump. Thats not true. There has been a subtle shift in sentiment regarding what "Rights" are and what "Liberty" is.

America is still the land of the Free, the land of Liberty, the country it was intended to be when the founders signed our Independence; this is evident if you view our nation the way, I believe, they would view it were they alive.

Thank you for this very civilized response.

"the common misconception is that it all has started with Trump. Thats not true. There has been a subtle shift in sentiment regarding what "Rights" are and what "Liberty" is."

I think I understand. People are scared by what's happening. After all, your president says you're the nr one country in the world, OK, the nr one country in terms of virus propagation, and the most inequal in terms of "race" as you call it.

"it all has started with Trump."

No, this clown just profitted from the anguish of people who were left out, this millionnaire who evaded taxes made them believe that he would make "America Great Again".

His tools : insulting people, lying (just find the references), and being incapable of making the USA a great nation, on the contrary, making it a ridiculous, but dangerous, aggressive entity to serve his own interests.

I can hear his "prosody", with his very poor vocabulary "great, amazing, beautiful, ..."

Well, "Liberty" is the right to be stupid I suppose. At least, he's backed away from every place where "Liberty" should have been implemented, probably because he couldn't see what profit he could make.

He's been ridiculed by Putin, Xi Jing Pin, little rocket man who f***d him in such a way that it is really laughable.

4 more years ? Yeah, let's make America Ridiculous Again !

America is still the land of the Free, the land of Liberty,

Whatever the colour ?

😄

Top Bottom